Api Medications

Tman2902

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Can someone suggest a replacement for API's EM Erythromycin and General Cure? Looking to setup a QT but have run out of these two meds, and cannot find them anymore. Has there been any updates on the current lack of these products in Canada? Last I heard it was an issue regarding paperwork.

Thanks,

T

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tman2902 said:
Can someone suggest a replacement for API's EM Erythromycin and General Cure? Looking to setup a QT but have run out of these two meds, and cannot find them anymore. Has there been any updates on the current lack of these products in Canada? Last I heard it was an issue regarding paperwork.

Thanks,

T
A good replacement for the API ER Erythromycin is Tetra Lifeguard, and the General Cure is the exact medication as PraziPro except General Cure also contains aquarium salt.

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This is the same thing happening in California.
Big pet stores are taking all of the old medications off the shelf and putting up new natural remedies.

They claim we were pouring too many antibiotics down the drain. I dunno . . . .

bitseriously

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Here’s a few suggestions for you, from a fellow Canadian shopper.
General cure has two active ingredients: praziquantel and metronidazole. You can get the first in Hikari’s PraziPro, as a liquid tank treatment. You can get the second as MetroPlex, from Seachem. A good alternative, depending on the disease/treatment, is KanaPlex, also from Seachem.
Also check out the medicated fish foods available from AngelFins.ca. On their website, medicated foods are listed under fish food not medications.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom