Api General Cure

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Mobywigg, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Mobywigg

MobywiggNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Everyone

I need to purchase some Api general cure to help with an internal infection problem i have with my rainbows. Tried flubendazole, eSHa 2000, eSHa-ndx/gdex to no avail.

Need some Metronidazole which is in general cure but we dont stock it in the Uk.

Ive seen it on ebay but not sure if its legal to order it.

As anyone ever ordered it through ebay? Or know where i could get some

Thanks in advance

2. WTFish?

WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3,038
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    As far as I know antibiotics are illegal in the UK and Canada, sadly.
    @Coradee any advice?

3. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +493
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Yeah, I'm not sure if it's illegal to order it or if it's illegal to own it. Something can be illegal obtain but not illegal to use (weird, I know. I think the US Prohibition made it illegal to import or export alcohol but not drink it, hence the moonshine and underground clubs and speakeasies).

4. GlennO

GlennOValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +218
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Yes I guess it depends if the product is prohibited for use or just prohibited for sale. I have a similar scenario. I live in Australia and I keep birds as well as fish and there is an anti-parasite medication that I use for my birds that the manufacturer is not licensed to sell in Australia. So I buy it from overseas. It has never been confiscated by customs, presumably because it is only prohibited to sell it here.

Weirdly, the product is actually manufactured in Australia, but only for the export market.

5. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +3,990
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Hi, yes antibiotic fish meds are illegal here in the UK unless prescribed by a vet. It’s also illegal to import them without the relevant paperwork, I know people have done it but I really wouldn’t risk it, defra /trading standards do monitor websites so if you were unlucky to get caught there could be serious consequences.
    Apart from the meds you’ve already tried have a look at Waterlife Octozin or Protozin can’t remember offhand which one for internal parasite..... not enough coffee yet this morning ;)

6. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +493
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Website: "OCTOZIN is a treatment for internal parasites such as those which cause Sleeping Sickness, Hole-In-The-Head, Seawater Angelfish and Clownfish Disease, Malawi Bloat Disease and also early stages of Dropsy. OCTOZIN may also be used to treat Whitespot in seawater aquaria where CUPRAZIN cannot be used.

OCTOZIN is harmless to invertebrates and algae when used as directed. You will require three separate days of treatment to complete the course. "

"PROTOZIN is used for the control of all protozoan and fungal infections e.g Whitespot, Fungus, Neon Tetra Disease, Velvet, Costiasis and Trichodiniasis."
    Medication & Water Treatments

As far as internal bacteria, I did find this product on a UK website: Anti Internal Bacteria - Pond Aquarium Problem Solver, Interpet - Anti Internal Bacteria Plus - 100ml
    I don't know anything further about it though. Interestingly, it's not available on the US website--maybe because it can't compete with the antibiotic products of other companies? Who knows.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  7. OP
    OP
    Mobywigg

MobywiggNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks everyone, really appreciate your responses.
    Its so frustrating not being able to get the treatment i know will cure my fish. I will look up both them med's and see if any will help.

Cheers