Api Fungus Cure Not Working!!

kplaty

All of my panda cories in my tank have fungus on them and ApI fungus cure didn't work to cure them if anything it made them worse! It is getting so bad one of my cories looks like it is bleeding from its mouth and I am freaking out! What should I do?!

DIYhack

you sure they have fungus?

kplaty

Yes, the have cottony growths on their mouths and fins. I don't think it can be anything else.

BHK3

Can you post pics?

kplaty

Here are some s: Sorry if they are blurry my cories swim really fast! I understand that some pictures may look like they are completely healthy but there are cotton growths on them, it's like a milky white

Attachments

• IMG_2206.jpg
    IMG_2206.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_2201.jpg
    IMG_2201.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2200.jpg
    IMG_2200.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 198

NavigatorBlack

In the nostrils - yeah, I see it. Not fungus.

I hope someone who has seen columnaris infections in their tanks recently can help here. I haven't seen it for many years, but that does look familiar.

bgclarke

My zebra danio had it on his mouth and it looked like a speck of salt, very similar to the white in front of the eye in the second photo.

Fortunately it was one of the slow (and frustrating) strains and he survived the disease and treatments.

How long have they had this?

Take a look at the link from post #6.
Tetra Fungus Guard and Jungle Fungus Clear are the same product. You can get JFC at Wal-Mart.

kplaty

My zebra danio had it on his mouth and it looked like a speck of salt, very similar to the white in front of the eye in the second photo.

Fortunately it was one of the slow (and frustrating) strains and he survived the disease and treatments.

How long have they had this?

Take a look at the link from post #6.
Tetra Fungus Guard and Jungle Fungus Clear are the same product. You can get JFC at Wal-Mart.

I saw some signs of it last Thursday so then I started the ApI treatment but it did nothing. The red lip on one of the cories just came up today, it looks like a cut but I might be wrong.

bgclarke

The good news is that it's a slow moving version.

What else is in the tank with them? Any snails you actually want?

kplaty

Just three more platies that are all perfectly healthy by the way.

bgclarke

Ok. Since it's in the tank, you'll need to treat everyone in it, whether they seem ok or not.

Landos

I treated something similar with furan2, kanaplex and metroplex

kplaty

I think I am going to go with kannaplex. To me, it looks like the best choice. Thank you everyone for your help

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
Paul Mellor
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
Replies
Views