AOL still around ?

1. Borisbbadd Guest

When I first got on the internet, it was through AOL.
    It was pretty cool back then, because it was basically internet for us technoligically challenged people. In fact, I even met my wife ( from Germany ) over AOL.
    Later on as I became a bit less challenged we parted ways (AOL ) not the wife....;)

I haven't heard anything about them for along time, and was wondering if they are still around.

2. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Aol

:rolleyes: Yes, of course. I currently have an account on AOL that I have kept for 10 years or more. It no longer costs money to have; you set up a free account. It is basically the same as you remember it, I keep an account for old friends or contacts that might not know how to get ahold of my these days. I mostly receive spam.

3. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I too have an AOL account ;)

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I also still use AIM messenger. Ive met a ton of friends from there. We use to have AOL chat parties constantly. But over the years, we have moved on to Yahoo and now Facebook. But the friends are forever there no matter what the Networking is like .

5. luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Nothing ever beats aol I have used it since 5th grade and still use it but just for chatting on roadtrips and email

6. Echostatic Well Known Member Member

Still have and use my old AOL email address that I inherited from my dad when I was a kid... It's a really old email address >.>

7. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I never knew you could "inherit" email addresses. LOL.

8. mikegip Initiate Member

lol that's funny
    guy