Help Anything Wrong With My Betta?

TimothyHartwick

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He’s not been moving as much and stays near the bottom (sometimes face down). Eats his food and moves fast when he goes to the top for air even though his tank is aerated. Also noticed this white piece on his fins for a week.
IMG_1508.JPG

Any ideas?

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Betta's are a labryth fish so will always go up for air :)

Mine stays down amongst the plants and rocks alot too and he has a couple of caves that he rests in for a while also

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine rarely swims in the free water area....unless the light is off.....Murf prefers to play hide and seek in the plants and rocks etc.....not all Betta's are highly sociable in the same way all are not aggressive, they each have their own character which is more noticeable than in other fish species......they like their own company (mine also spends alot of time under the trickle filter casing which is annoying cos he is small enough to get stuck)

Did you get the heater replaced?

If the aquarium is too cool he will also hide more

TimothyHartwick

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mine rarely swims in the free water area....unless the light is off.....Murf prefers to play hide and seek in the plants and rocks etc.....not all Betta's are highly sociable in the same way all are not aggressive, they each have their own character which is more noticeable than in other fish species......they like their own company (mine also spends alot of time under the trickle filter casing which is annoying cos he is small enough to get stuck)

Did you get the heater replaced?

If the aquarium is too cool he will also hide more
Yes I got it replaced but also ordered a good heater on amazon just in case something happens. I'll change it when it arrives. Thank you, do bettas change personalities?

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Betta's change personalities, colours....the whole nine yards, thats what makes them so appealing cos they have such different characters and personalities as they get older....and they are very intelligent too

TimothyHartwick

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Betta's change personalities, colours....the whole nine yards, thats what makes them so appealing cos they have such different characters and personalities as they get older....and they are very intelligent too
Ok so I should not worry about it? thanks.

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are you 100% sure that the exploding heater has not affected him either from fright (it looks bad for us humans when it happens, so to a fish inside the aquarium it would be worse) or from glass shard injury?

TimothyHartwick

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Are you 100% sure that the exploding heater has not affected him either from fright (it looks bad for us humans when it happens, so to a fish inside the aquarium it would be worse) or from glass shard injury?
Glass shards perfectly matched up when put together, closely infected fish and substrate for small particles and didn't see any. Here is a pixtjre of him with the light on top.
IMG_20191001_194741.jpg

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He is quite the character...hiding his face behind a fin like that :) "I don't like to be photographed....go away"

He looks healthy....and if he is eating well :) they aren't that active really and who can blame them with that huge expanse of tail and fins to drag around all day long......Mine hangs stock still alot....

TimothyHartwick

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He is quite the character...hiding his face behind a fin like that :) "I don't like to be photographed....go away"

He looks healthy....and if he is eating well :) they aren't that active really and who can blame them with that huge expanse of tail and fins to drag around all day long......Mine hangs stock still alot....
But I feel like he has ich? He has small white lines on his fins. Maybe it's his colour though I'm not sure.

TimothyHartwick

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Now he hides under my pants, sometimes I can barely see him. He hasn't ate in 2 days. I don't know what to do.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom