Anything I Should Be Worried About? Question

1. Kivstev Member Member

Was messing around with my camera and noticed some white patches on a cherry barb. I've never noticed this before, and it's unlike any type of illness I'm aware of such as Ich or Columnaris. Maybe fungus or a little scraped up.. or maybe nothing?

Opinions please!

3289118743_1.jpg 3289118743_3.jpg

3289118743_4.jpg

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

doesnt look like ich, i agree...but doesnt look like just "scrape ups" either..unless they are getting allot of scrapes..

could the gouramis or rainbows be picking on them? although if that was the case, i would think you would see some fin damage..hope some other members can help but im thinking its a fungus of some sorts...good luck!

3. Kivstev Member Member

No one seems to be picking on that fish... a have about 5 CB's in there and they all look fine. To be on the safe side, I put the fish in an iso tank with some extra salt for the time being. He was acting fine when in the main tank, but does not like the hospital tank.

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

great idea on the "iso" tank...keep a close eye with salt..all that does is irritate them more and stress them where they just overproduce slime coat....frequent water changes with some stress coat+, vita chem, and fish protector, will do the same thing..and keep him less stressed...good luck with him!