Anything else or am I fully stocked?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by gzarr, Apr 13, 2010.

1. gzarrValued MemberMember

I'm just wondering if I'm fully stocked or if I could add anything else:
    37G tall
    cycled for two months
    planted
    sand

Currently:
    8 white cloud minnows (I know they like colder water but seem to be doing fine)
    6 corys
    1 dwarf gourami
    1 guppy
    2 mystery snails
    1 common pleco (my lfs is trying to get in a bn pleco for me and said they would trade when mine was too big or they got one in for me, I know he's going to outgrow the tank I have. He's now about 4 inches)

I was wondering if I could add an angelfish? And my neighbors had two batches of guppies and wanted to get rid of some.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. Jake the FishValued MemberMember

You might be able to add 1 angelfish but make sure they have the same water parameters as your other fish. I think you should move the minnows to another tank personally. If you move the minnows you might be able to go 2 angels.

3. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

In a 37gal tall with your current stocking...I would leave things as they are. You dont really have room for a full grown angelfish.

4. gzarrValued MemberMember

Hey, I think I just spotted a white spot on the gourami's 'chin.' What would be the appropriate treatment for ich if that's what it is since I have snails? And, of course, fish that like colder water?

5. funkman262Well Known MemberMember

You may want to delete this post and just ask that question in a different thread. That way people can still answer your stocking question without getting sidetracked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice