Anyone With A Fluval 406 Or 407 ? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Dechi, Jun 23, 2019.

1. ystrout

ystroutWell Known MemberMember

If you still haven't decided, consider an AquaTop Forza FZ9. It's a fantastic filter. I was going to buy a Fluval 406, but the sales guy told me about this instead.

Same suction power, it's silent, and it comes with a UV sterilizer which is VERY nice.

2. OP
    OP
    Dechi

DechiValued MemberMember

Wow, I’ve never even heard of this one. I’ll check it out, thanks ! :)

3. Patric

PatricNew MemberMember

The sale on FX4 & 6 is still going on at PetSmart. $200 & $250 respectively. Very good price for that filter.

4. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

As far as putting media in a canister filter you can use whatever brand you want even lava rocks or pot scrubbers or polyfill they all fit in my fluvals. the only thing original in my 206 and 406 are the sponges and ceramic media the rest i polyfill and well more polyfill

5. OP
    OP
    Dechi

DechiValued MemberMember

I’m in Canada, prices are higher. :) Fx4 is 390$ and FX6 is 450$ at petsmart. You wouldn’t think Fluval (Hagen) is a Canadian company...

6. H2O Concierge

H2O ConciergeValued MemberMember

I like the specs on the hydor pro 600 & the Fluval 406 / 407. But I can't speak from experience since I own only Eheim. Oh ya and a couple Tidal 110's.

7. OP
    OP
    Dechi

DechiValued MemberMember

It’s done !

I decided on the Fluval 407 purely for convenience since the LFS carries it. It took me many hours to set it up, I’m a bit OCD, lol, but it’s running now and I like it very much so far !

Didn’t have any problems priming it and getting it going.

I do hear it and I’m going to have to get used to it but it’s a lot quieter than the Eheim pro 4+.

I was pleasantly surprise when I saw a notice in the box offering an extended warranty of 2 years for registering online. That makes it 5 years total !

8. kallililly1973

Good choice hope it works out well for you. If you hear a little gurgling you can possibly gently tip it side to side and front to back to work out any remaining air pockets. My 406 was a lil noisy for a couple days but it worked itsself out and is totally silent.

9. OP
    OP
    Dechi

DechiValued MemberMember

I hope the same happens to me ! :)

10. kallililly1973

I was checking mine daily once it cleared up it was so silent i had to put my hand on it to be sure it was running honestly.