Anyone Who Doesn't Believe in Karma, better Start!!! Woo- Hoo!

voiceless_kat
Please pardon my giddiness. I usually post in the Betta forum, and now the Cory forum, and in the Nitrogen Cycle Woes forum. Which brings me to this story.

Going back, I found a source of Bio Spira 3 miles south of me in Minnesota - a pet shop in the town my sister lives in. I was going crazy trying to cycle my tanks, so went down there to buy the magic potion Bio Spira. This pet shop and its owner Rick were unreal. It didn't smell like a pet shop at all, even tho there were tanks, reptiles, birds, rodents, and so on. It was sparkling clean, all aquariums were beautiful, no dead or dying fish at all, Bettas in very large rose bowls, with pristine water. Needless to say, I have been going down there to buy my "stuff". I sang his praises on the forum, he is such a nice guy. Even gave me a freezie thing and styro cooler for free to travel home with my Bio Spira ( with a few shopping stops) I only have a divided 10 gallon with 2 bettas; a 6 Eclipse with 1 betta and just last night ordered a larger tank for my 2 corys and soon to be female betta. These cute little corys made me decide to buy a 29 gallon tank for a community tank in a month or two. I said all that to say this......

Rick ( store owner) called me to tell me that his son drew my name last week as the winner of a complete 55 gallon aquarium set up, including stand, that had been donated by one of his suppliers (it was the stores 10th anniv) . Everything I need he says, except the fish.!!! ( I had my sister go in to get me a replacement fluorescent bulb, and asked her to put my name into the draw! ) OMG.......now that is good karma for sure!!!

I will pick it up this week, and really have no clue what I want to do, except get more cory cats, because they are adorable!! And more Bio Spira. Hey Kate....who knew??? Isn't that something??

Hubby wants me to go buy a lottery ticket.

I will be looking for advice for sure. Wow bitten by MTS since I bought that first betta. Now I have tolots of reading on all of the boards, and many hours Googling to help decide what fish I really do want.......

Val

Bonochick
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!

Kelley
Good for you. lots of fish you can keep in there.

voiceless_kat
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!
Good for you. lots of fish you can keep in there.

And I was flipping out at the possibilities of a 29 g!!

Butterfly
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! that is wonderful!!
Carol

chickadee
Just think how many fish you can get? Boy, Neptune would go bananas in there! You could actually divide it into 5 pieces and have huge betta tanks or just keep one betta and have a LOT of other fish. Your betta would think he had gone to heaven.

Rose

Dino
Very cool!!!

Sounds like a great store.

sgould
Fantastic! Congratulations!

Cody
I know what you mean about how you were saying it was nice and stuff..well there's a lfs by me must a local thing...but the guys who were there know so much more then the ppl at petco or petsmart and there so nice and won't lie to you there so honest ...like got some guppys and they have tank they put ones ppl bring in and ones the ordered in and I was getting males and females and he pointed out well yo ushould get onlly one out of this one and get the rest out of the other tanks to avoid in breeding ....I mean he didnt have to do that at all but he did and he gave me this type of moss for the fry to hide in because one of the females were already preg when I bought her...its fartehr away then petsmart and alittle closer then petco but I would go there anyday over the bigger chains

Stradius011
Congrats

COBettaCouple
congrats on the win - what a great late bday present that would be. :;a

voiceless_kat

I am thinking early for me - October!

COBettaCouple

but what if I give -- the sad eyes!

Tazmiche

but what if I give -- the sad eyes!

Nice try dave!!!

Val, if you read my post in Betta forum I think you shoud suggest 3 lottery numbers for me and I'll do rest!!

As I have already posted CONGRATS

COBettaCouple
yes.. I know i'm trying, very. :;a

Tazmiche
lol

sirdarksol
Where is this store?
I live in MN, and am always looking for new stores to try (especially if they give stuff away)

Tazmiche
UK gal here, where is MN?

COBettaCouple
UK gal here, where is MN?

it's in a cold place. minnesota is in the northern US, by the Canadian border.

sirdarksol
Yeah, we've got snow here year 'round. I mean, in the summer, the ice on the lakes melts to about 9" or so, which isn't really enough to keep the polar sharks from breaking through. Them buggers can eat a timber wolf, which come about shoulder high on a grown man, in one bite. So it's really only safe to go out on the lakes during the winter, when they freeze to the bottom, as it gets to be about three degrees above absolute zero, and the polar sharks are forced to hibernate.

Tazmiche
wow!

M
Val,
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm SO jealous, but with all you went thru with cycling your tank, you certanly deserve a "reward" for patience and endurance!!!! I can only imagine all the beautiful fish, plants and decor you can add to a 55G tank---WAY TO GO!!!

P.S. Would you mind passing some of that good karma down South?!

-M

voiceless_kat

Please Michelle, tell me yu don't believe that!! Actually, I live right on the border, and the town on the Minnesota side is called the " Icebox of the North"....however, the ice does get thick, and we do drive on it and ice fish, etc. But it is too early to think of that yet. Still holding on to the dregs of summer..........

Dave, give me the "sad eyes" and we'll see what we can do.............

M....you can start your own good karma bank.........every day do one "Random f Kindness" and that opens your account. Owner of the fish store, must have done that as well as me, then the planets collide, and oh my, the things that can happen!!

sirdarksol
(whisper) pssst... don't clue them in. We'll get a sudden influx of Southerners if they find out that are summers are actually warm.

Actually, I can't claim that little rant as my own. A friend of mine was at a 4H function in one of the Southern states, and one of the local girls asked him if we had a lot of snow right now. This was in the middle of July. So he went off on the ice and the polar sharks and so on and so forth. He actually had her going. Then one of her friends turned the tables and started talking about "chickenpossums," and managed to get one of the MN people to buy into it.

P.S. I'm still waiting to hear the name of this magical shop where I, too, might win a fish tank.

cherryrose
Whoooo---hooooo!!! Congratulations----A 55 gal tank is an awesome gift to win!

CherryRose

Tazmiche
lol, when I used to teach pre school ballet classes to 3 yr olds I had one bunch believing that I was really a gorilla and that I had to get up very early each morning to shave and that my long then blonde hair was a wig. I didn't think they'd fall for it but their parents told me they were all convinced

I always try to do one good deed each day for my karma!

COBettaCouple
lol.. that's just funny!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AJE
Replies
Views
Platylover
Replies
Views
kallililly1973