Anyone Used Quick Start?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by DeathFromNH, Apr 15, 2018.

1. DeathFromNH

DeathFromNH Valued Member Member

After seeing some successful quick started tanks, my impatience got the best of me and I bought a bottle to get my new 125 up and running. I've made a mistake and don't know if it's safe to add fish or if I should redose. I didn't realize the quick start wasn't a dechlorinator. So I added prime for 25 gallons. But left 100 gallons untreated. I added some driftwood, plants, and out used media in the canister. I let everything run over night at 81F... I realized my mistake this morning and added the prime that I was missing. Can I add fish now or did the untreated water kill most of my BB and I now have to cycle the tank all over again? I've tested three times between yesterday and today and all the numbers are running right.

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I haven't used it.
    Personally, I think that since you left the water untreated for so long, it might have killed off most of the BB.

3. Seasoldier

Seasoldier Well Known Member Member

The chlorinated water may have destroyed your BB, I wouldn't add fish yet, monitor it for a few days & then if your numbers stay good add a few fish at a time to allow the BB to grow with the bio-load that way you should avoid ammonia spikes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice