Anyone use sunlight blocking film?

Tramsdell
Because of where my tank is (not moving it) it gets indirect light all day from adjacent rooms. This is just enough light to cause some serious algae growth. Its a planted tank and I have a decent light on it but I need to be able to control the light that reaches my aquarium and I see this product:

I can't find any reviews and in their own video I looks like install is a bear, they just left big gobs of air pockets at the bottom?

Anyway, has anyone used this or similar?

pagoda
I use Fablon (sticky backed plastic) that is opaque, normally used for windows for privacy. It cuts the glare of the sun into the aquarium and also cuts the UV, thus doesn't allow algae to grow on the glass or plants beside it. Its very cheap to buy, can be moved if needed and widely available in hardware, craft, DIY shops or online. It comes in a variety of widths and cut to length for you. Cutting to size is simple thanks to the backing being in 2cm square markings. Very very easy to use.

Nopsu
Some companies that sell window vinyls for houses etc. have the sunlight blocking ones as well. They usually have those opaque privacy ones too or ones you can make window see through only on one side.. Dunno about price or companies in your area but might help

Tramsdell
There's a glass shop around the corner, I may see what they have.

Dechi
That’s what I use from Amazon. It’s a very good product and can be taken off and reused even. No glue, no mess. Just water to install and it takes 5-10 minutes.

I use it as a black background on both my tanks and also as protection against the sun on my saltwater tank.

Qualsen Blackout Window Film Privacy Window Film Sun-Light Control Window clings Light Blocking Non Adhesive Window Matte Black Decorative Film 35.4 x 78.7 inch (90 x 200 cm)

ForceTen
Wow. I need to check this out!

pagoda
Top Bottom