Anyone Use Remote Control Led System (not Fluval)

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Spud Murphy, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Spud Murphy

Spud MurphyNew MemberMember

Just looking for a little advice.. My latest build was using a comment built temporary LED System which I kinda like but its a bit messy so I bought a Remote Control LED Strip System... Although the second photo doesn't really show it the illumination is a tad weak,,,, The tank itself is 36" / 90 CM Wide and is currently using a 2 meter strip. I'm wondering if adding another meter to this will perk it up significantly, This would be the nicest solution I feel and it will be neater once mounted properly. If not I can combine both systems but this gives me a headache as one uses a 2A transformer and the other a 3A meaning 2 power sockets hogged instead of one - but it does look spot on....
    Photo 1 shows original system... Photo 2 using just the Strip IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg

2. CaptAnnDuchow

CaptAnnDuchowWell Known MemberMember

My remote looks identical to yours. I hate my light. I have it on a 20g long and had to add a second light for my plants.

3. Lonnie

LonnieValued MemberMember

I use the Finnex 24/7 light. I love it! It's on a 24 inch, 20 gallon aquarium. I paid $99.00 for it on eBay. Comes with a remote and several setting options. Please watch the YouTube reviews and check out the prices on eBay.

4. DavisM

DavisMNew MemberMember

IMG_5443.jpg
    I have a google home and this is what I use it makes my life so much easier! All I have to say is “hay google turn off the tank lights” or “hey google turn on the tank lights”. Makes my life easy.

5. OP
    OP
    Spud Murphy

Spud MurphyNew MemberMember

Is that The Fluval set (Hagen) .. yeah I looked into those here but for this size of tank with import duties etc it'd cost me closer to $200 as opposed to the $30 I shelled out for this but good suggestion if you can pick em up easily and cheap enough..... I'm talking 'generic' here.... DiY builds