Anyone Recognize What Disease This Is? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Sam Tomlinson, May 24, 2019.

1. Sam Tomlinson New Member Member

I have a 30 gallon tank I clean the gravel and filters weekly. The stock is something like 10 mollies, 5 amano shrimp, a bristle nose pleco, 1 rosy red minnow, and 2 mystery snails. I've treated the tank with Ich-X (see image) which I purchased from Aquarium co-op. I have a test kit to check water parameters everything is zero ( nitrates, nitrites, ammonia). There are three live plants, an oak branch, a piece of unknown hardwood, a moss ball, and various fake decor. I'm planning on treating with EM Erythromycin (see image) because the fish have looked like they have a white fungus looking substance on them. I think the original cause was stress because they chase each other a lot. I might need some sort of medicine to help the fish regenerate the damaged areas. I feed algae wafers , algae flakes, and a variety frozen pack of brine shrimp bloodworms etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Addie42 Well Known Member Member

Can you fill out the sick fish template?  
    I can’t really see much in the photos so more clear photos with emphasis on what’s wrong might be helpful too

3. coralbandit Fishlore VIP Member

That really could be the molly coloring ???
    Don't add the meds yet [ the EM] . My bet says what you have will do nothing anyways ..

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  4. Sam Tomlinson New Member Member

It's definitely not the coloring the white fuz has developed more now on her fins. I would take more photos but I don't want to stress her out any more. I dosed the EM already. I have a medication coming called Kordon fish protector to help her slime coat and immune system. If it is fungus I should have plenty of time to cure it I think. If the EM paired with the slime coat additive doesn't work then I am probably going to try ICH-X again because I believe it helped before. I think the fungus wasn't completely gone and returned again. The stuff on her and one other fish is small little patches of white fuzz. Not dots like ICH apparently looks like so the only thing I've been able to find from my searches is that it is a fungus but I am not 100% certain.