anyone play RPG videogames?

MJDuti

I've been playing since I was about 10, mainly console games. Don't worry I got enough exercise too. Always heard about this one game, so decided to download it: Xenogears. Just finished! Holy crazy game...in an awesome way. Anyway else play it? If you like a complex twisty story, then play it.

What are some of your other favorites?
I'm always a big Final Fantasy guy, but like the Dragon Warriors/Quests, Lufia(s), Breath of Fire(s), Chrono Trigger, etc.

Rivieraneo

LOL, the last RPG I played was Counter Strike on PC

ryanr

I used to play a game, where I was this Italian, I could swim, I could fly, and had to save the princess, and fight off mushrooms........
Another one, where I was this hedgehog, and this one time, I went to the Olympics........
In another one, I was a legend!......
In 16-bit, I was 3D and in Germany.....
But one my favourites, I was always a character that was 0,0,0 with a pointy nose, and I'd chase my 255,255,255 twin, and try blow him up......

Last RPG I played to completion, Halo 4 on X360. And part way through a championship season of F1 on X360.
I don't play a lot of games anymore.

Oh, and the answers to the above: Super Mario (all), Sonic the Hedgehog, Legend of Zelda, Wolfenstein 3D, Spy v. Spy.

Tonia

I do play Runescape with my husband. Both of us were talked into playing about 7 years ago by our kids.

Prior to that, I didn't play too many RPG... Except Dungeons and Dragons where you didn't have a video game, just friends hanging around with dice... wow... back in the stone ages..

aylad

Morrowind is still my favorite Elder Scrolls game, although to be fair, I haven't played SkyrI'm yet. Oblivion was a bit of a letdown. Now they're doing Elder Scrolls Online, which I fear will leave us single-players out in the cold (I still resent WoW for ending the Warcraft RTS series).

Final Fantasy 8 was amazing. FF7 was pretty awesome too. FF9 and FFX were good. I don't care about the other Final Fantasies.

I'm a fan of both Guild Wars MMO's, but those are the only MMORPGs I play. I'm not a social gamer -- I grew up playing single-player games and still mostly prefer that.

tfckmk988

Ok Call of duty is not a RPG I don't care how many guns you unlock you never grow as a character learning new abilities you just new stuff

/rant off

I play mostly RPG's

currently playing LoZ (legend of zelda) skyward sword (I am stretching rpg a bit here I know) last true RPG that I finished was Star Ocean (ps2) will be buying (eventually have a huge list of stuff I want to buy but with little money a cool RPG on the 3ds don't remember the name though

sheilashoelady

I'm a Final Fantasy girl. I'm working on Kingdom Hearts currently

aylad

Ok Call of duty is not a RPG I don't care how many guns you unlock you never grow as a character learning new abilities you just new stuff

Surely you can get RPGs in CoD... (rocket-propelled grenades)

Mamajin

I play World of Warcraft, both Diablo's for PC and xBox, The Sims 3 and a lot of the expansions, and a free no download flash based browser game called League of Angels.

Tetra Guy

I still play StarCraft The classics are the best! I've learned it's a game people either love or hate, nothing in between.

garikapc

Pokemon is an RPG (I would argue) and I remember playing the digital stuffing out of those games from when I was 12 until about my mid 20s. The newer versions are tied to the DS's clock/calendar and I remember getting up from bed telling my wife, "I need to catch the special Thursday night Pokemon that shows up by the wind farm!" Bless her for not leaving me. I am mostly console so I did the latter and then played a whole lot of Skyrim.

If anyone wants an FPS that has some RPG elements (along with also blow em up type RPGs) please try Far Cry 3. Lovely game.

tfckmk988

yes I recently purchased a 3ds simply to play at the minimum 2 games the new fire emblem and pokemon x or y as I hadn't decided yet ended up getting pokemon x and it was great

garikapc

Oh yeah! I stopped with black/white because I could not spin getting a 3DS just for pokemon even though I can only think of one another non-pokemon game I played on the regular DS.

Adam55

I've been playing since I was about 10, mainly console games. Don't worry I got enough exercise too. Always heard about this one game, so decided to download it: Xenogears. Just finished! Holy crazy game...in an awesome way. Anyway else play it? If you like a complex twisty story, then play it.

What are some of your other favorites?
I'm always a big Final Fantasy guy, but like the Dragon Warriors/Quests, Lufia(s), Breath of Fire(s), Chrono Trigger, etc.

Oh no...whenever I think RPG, I flash back to my all-time favorite: the original Dragon Warrior (Hurtmore!!) for NES. That's the king to me. Then I see it's the first one you mentioned!!

Witchydesign

Depends on my mood. I play runescape occasionally, Rift, WoW, Neverwinter.... I don't play WoW as much, Ive been stuck on Rift recently, although I do play neverwinter as well. I tried playing Star Trek online but I can not get into it. Id like to play newer games but I have to upgrade my video card and that costs monies. Those monies are going into my tanks right now so the computer will have to wait lol.

sunnypsy0p

I mostly play MMOs, and almost exclusively am a PvPer. Currently I play GW2, but in the past I have played SWTOR, WoW, and some smaller ones. Back in the day I also played tabletops like Shadowrun, etc... There are more kinds of nerds here than just fish nerds, I guess!

Witchydesign

Oh and the Sims. But not to actually play with the characters, I like to build houses. For some reason my game only really last like 2 weeks sI'm time then crashes, so I just build and custom out houses.

Rivieraneo

I still play StarCraft The classics are the best! I've learned it's a game people either love or hate, nothing in between.

Starcraft surely took up a lot of my childhood LOL, I was top 15 ladder for a while on both the original and brood war.

sunnypsy0p

Oh and the Sims. But not to actually play with the characters, I like to build houses. For some reason my game only really last like 2 weeks sI'm time then crashes, so I just build and custom out houses.

LOL, that's all I ever use the Sims for, too...

Witchydesign

Cheat codes, bump up the money and drop a good million on customizing it a nice house. lol. I really try to play afterwards but its mainly to make sure everything flows well.

Tetra Guy

Starcraft surely took up a lot of my childhood LOL, I was top 15 ladder for a while on both the original and brood war.

I liked the additional units they added in Brood War.

gothbrooks

Dont have the patience for RPGs anymore but I loved the Original Ultima Series on Commodore 64.. I also played Chronotrigger and the Zeldas on NES through Gamecube. Havent played an RPG since. I play a game called Starbound now and that's about it.

Rivieraneo

I liked the additional units they added in Brood War.
I was king of Aiur

Loved the Protoss, give me a low money, or big money map, I would own it the game went beyond 10 minutes.

Zerg was good.... if you massed and upgraded units

Terran had great defense, that's about it.

tfckmk988

I always enjoyed starcraft despite being HORRIBLE at it I couldn't multI task to save my life so i'd be building and not building troops and things like that ok for single player awful online

krazyone2006

I've been playing South Park The Stick of Truth loving the game so far feels like your in a episode of South Park. LoL I like building the houses in The Sims 3 too can't wait till they start pumping out custom content for it like The Sims 1& 2.

Dempsey Dude

Yeah FPS's and RTS's =/= RPG's lol.

aylad

Forgot about Pokemon. I still play it, and I'm in my early 30's. Sims 2 occupied more of my time than it should have... haven't bought Sims 3 yet. Waiting for the bundles to get bigger.

Also forgot about the X series of games -- X2: The Threat and X3: Reunion. I downloaded Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude to Steam but haven't played them yet (they were on sale). I'm waiting for major bugfixes before I buy X: Rebirth.

I've played a ton of Zelda, although I'd barely call it an RPG and I did love me some KOTOR and SithLords back in the day. There's another series that went MMO. Grrr.

Tetra Guy

I always enjoyed starcraft despite being HORRIBLE at it I couldn't multI task to save my life so i'd be building and not building troops and things like that ok for single player awful online

Lol! Yeah same here. I could never play it online, just single player. I'm not good at multitasking. Actually, I don't like it. It takes the fun out of it for me. Ever been in a situation in that game where you are watching the troop build meter and anxiously waiting for it to fill up because there is one zergling left attacking your base? Lol!

Rivieraneo

Lol! Yeah same here. I could never play it online, just single player. I'm not good at multitasking. Actually, I don't like it. It takes the fun out of it for me. Ever been in a situation in that game where you are watching the troop build meter and anxiously waiting for it to fill up because there is one zergling left attacking your base? Lol!

LOL, I did that a few times in ladder games and would get the other person angry, "ling rush" I thing was the strategy term, ill tell you though, that a few probes on attack mode would take care usually of most zergling rushes, also by the time a ling rush was ready, I usually already had on Pylon and a gateway with one or two zealots in creation by the time the lings would reach my base, so my zeolots would take care of the lings, then it was great sending them to find the other person base because you could really do some damage by attacking that persons gathers and slowing down their mineraly flow. usually these games would end with me just pumping zeolots out out of one or two barracks and the other person would struggle to keep building lings, if they wanted to upgrade, id go after their harvesters collecting vespene gas just a few of my strategies, I can't believe is till remember LOL.

dmmuir

I spent years in WoW. When I left I was the guild leader for one of the top horde raiding guilds on my server. Since WoW, I spent some time in Rift. These days I am bumming around Final Fantasy 14 here and there with what miniscule amount of time I get around work, 9 college credits, my family or my swimmy friends.

Tetra Guy

LOL, I did that a few times in ladder games and would get the other person angry, "ling rush" I thing was the strategy term, ill tell you though, that a few probes on attack mode would take care usually of most zergling rushes, also by the time a ling rush was ready, I usually already had on Pylon and a gateway with one or two zealots in creation by the time the lings would reach my base, so my zeolots would take care of the lings, then it was great sending them to find the other person base because you could really do some damage by attacking that persons gathers and slowing down their mineraly flow. usually these games would end with me just pumping zeolots out out of one or two barracks and the other person would struggle to keep building lings, if they wanted to upgrade, id go after their harvesters collecting vespene gas just a few of my strategies, I can't believe is till remember LOL.

LOL!! Ah, yes. You were one of, those people... I would build up a huge army and unleash it. I would usually spend too much time building defenses. I never liked that a Protoss unit could never heal. A few batches of marines with a few medics in there would be enough to just about irk anyone, and stop/plow through anything! lol!

Rivieraneo

LOL!! Ah, yes. You were one of, those people... I would build up a huge army and unleash it. I would usually spend too much time building defenses. I never liked that a Protoss unit could never heal. A few batches of marines with a few medics in there would be enough to just about irk anyone, and stop/plow through anything! lol!

actually, my most hated strategy was when people would block of their base with bunkers, marines and have seiged tanks with turrets behind the bunkers and in front of the bunkers, they would block off the entrance with supply depots. I finally found a way to get past it without having to drop reavers on someones home base, I would just send a huge barrage or zeolots with upgraded sprint speed towards the center bunker and the seiged tanks would attack the zeolots. Eventually, the zeolots would start reaching the supply depots where the tanks would end up damaging and taking out their own defense, LOL it was quiet effective and many terran players would be surprised that their own defense would take out their own defense!!! OMG, so many memories are coming back of that game!

Tetra Guy

actually, my most hated strategy was when people would block of their base with bunkers, marines and have seiged tanks with turrets behind the bunkers and in front of the bunkers, they would block off the entrance with supply depots. I finally found a way to get past it without having to drop reavers on someones home base, I would just send a huge barrage or zeolots with upgraded sprint speed towards the center bunker and the seiged tanks would attack the zeolots. Eventually, the zeolots would start reaching the supply depots where the tanks would end up damaging and taking out their own defense, LOL it was quiet effective and many terran players would be surprised that their own defense would take out their own defense!!! OMG, so many memories are coming back of that game!

Ah yes! LOL! If I was the Terran, I would build a bunker and a turret next to it, then put a siege tank behind that. I would stagger those and it worked pretty well, having an SCV there to repair any damaged buildings. Wraths were my choice to deal with your Zealots, lol!

Rivieraneo

Ah yes! LOL! If I was the Terran, I would build a bunker and a turret next to it, then put a siege tank behind that. I would stagger those and it worked pretty well, having an SCV there to repair any damaged buildings. Wraths were my choice to deal with your Zealots, lol!

Wraiths were damaging in large fleets, I think my brother would use 3 sets of 12 to enter someones base and go after their main base to stop mineral supplies, but templars with psychonic storm and dark templars where you had not way of seeing cloaked units was a sneaky way or getting behind enemy lines and countering wraiths.

Tetra Guy

Wraiths were damaging in large fleets, I think my brother would use 3 sets of 12 to enter someones base and go after their main base to stop mineral supplies, but templars with psychonic storm and dark templars where you had not way of seeing cloaked units was a sneaky way or getting behind enemy lines and countering wraiths.

True. We can't forget your Carriers! Oh, that sound they made when they started swarming, makes me shudder. It was all hands on deck! I would attack the Carrier directly. When I was Protoss I used an Arbiter to cloak the Carriers.

Crazycatfishlady

I play the Sims 3 and I have a bunch of expansions, WoW, league of legends, runescape, and many others

AquaLady

Ps1-Final Fantasy V-IX, Legend of Dragoon, Star Ocean, Ehergeiz, Suikoden 1, and 2, Zenonia...

PS2. Final Fantasy X, X2 and XII, Suikoden 4 and 5, Shin Megami TenseI Titles....

Ps3-Deus Ex, Kingdom of Amular, Skyrim, Demon Souls, Dark Souls1 and 2, Tales games, Dragon's Dogma, Mugen Souls, Cross Edge, Sims 3,blah blah blah...

PC-Maplestory, WoW(not active), SMITE (not active), Clash Of Clans...

Ugh! Too many to list, any rpg franchise you can think of, I played.

tfckmk988

Ps1-Final Fantasy V-IX, Legend of Dragoon, Star Ocean, Ehergeiz, Suikoden 1, and 2, Zenonia...

PS2. Final Fantasy X, X2 and XII, Suikoden 4 and 5, Shin Megami TenseI Titles....

Ps3-Deus Ex, Kingdom of Amular, Skyrim, Demon Souls, Dark Souls1 and 2, Tales games, Dragon's Dogma, Mugen Souls, Cross Edge, Sims 3,blah blah blah...

PC-Maplestory, WoW(not active), SMITE (not active), Clash Of Clans...

Ugh! Too many to list, any rpg franchise you can think of, I played.

hmm maybe I played star ocean 2 then... because mine was on ps2

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
tyguy7760

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom