Anyone knows any alternative of danisonii barb

mysticJOY

danisoniibarb sp :-

Scientific name: Sahyadria denisoniI , Phylum: Chordata , Higher classification: Puntius , Order: Cypriniformes , Rank: Species , Family: Cyprinidae

The Denison barb, Denison's barb, Miss Kerala, red-line torpedo barb, or roseline shark is an endangered species of cyprinid fish endemic to the fast-flowing hill streams and rivers of the Western Ghats in India.

I don't know how much danisoniI cost there where you live but here they are really cheap (not too cheap but cheap) , about 20 - 30 up to 50 rs pair (1 usd=70 INR or rs today , this value goes up and down so quickly that we need to check daily )

but due to their requirements of long tank so many people can't keep them, and some try to keep them in small tank but ultimately fish died some quickly some 1 year

but I am serching for a small size alternative of danisoniI barb, is there any one knows ?
just asking if someone have at least 2 ft long tank what fish will be the alternative with wide range of ph ????

google search link :- https://www.google.co.in/search?sxsrf=ALeKk01bYIkRurNTF5JcllbRckOQ1Vfnrw:1583420320941&ei=oBNhXv7zOJaZ4-EPzsKsmAg&q=denisonii+barb&oq=danisoni+barb&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i7i10i30j0i10l2j0i8i30.6742.6742..8844...0.0..0.157.437.0j3......0....1..gws-wiz.......35i39j0i10i30._fSjjp9yIKU

mysticJOY

I am not going to set up any tank now , if I going to do so I have my 4 ft long 110 gal tank for them, I am just asking if someone have at least 2 ft long tank what fish will be the alternative, now I am not going to set up any tank how I can tell you the ph ? think,,,, ok wide range of ph , will be any ph almost

Amazoniantanklvr

Well a bala shark school would work in the 110.

mysticJOY

please read carefully then answer

Amazoniantanklvr

Well when are you going t o get the 110?

mysticJOY

brother why not you read carefully, I have my 110 gal, I can keep danisoniI in , if I wish to
but I am searching for small fish with wide range of ph tolerance and the looks close to danisoniI barb for a small aquarium which is 2 ft long at-least

Amazoniantanklvr

Ok, well...………………………………..there really isn't anything similar. You could do pencil fish or a half beak or a larger species of killifish.

mysticJOY

hmm pencil fish would be good one alternative of danisoniI barb

GlennO

Pencilfish is a good suggestion for a fish with similar shape, albeit less active. They can also have red markings or lines, but some species are very expensive.

What is the similarity you seek, shape or colour or activity/behaviour?

mysticJOY

I am plning to keep with drf rainbow school
colour and activity will be ok
umm I am also searching for the similarities in tetra
something same shape will be fantastic, but looking for the bright colour and active
but no neons and cardinal, no congo no emperor
glowlight tetra will look cool but not available here

mysticJOY

no bro I alrady have drf rainbow, I am looking for another fish that I going to put in drf rainbow fish tank that looks like danisoniI barb but small size

Amazoniantanklvr

Rummy nose tetras look like small Dension barbs ..
Good idea! Why didnt I think of that! A school of SAE would also work.

mysticJOY

nice, I can get them here they are easily available in market
any one have any other suggestion ???

Amazoniantanklvr

nice, I can get them here they are easily available in market
any one have any other suggestion ???
Pencilfish, SAE, halfbeaks, rummy nose tetras and killis. I think that that is it.

mysticJOY

no bro half beak is similar to a gar

New Aquarium Build Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom