Anyone know??

ecnaj143

Well Known
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows much about a venustus cichlid?? Wondering if you could share something. I have already researched all I could, but I would like some opinions.
Thanks in advance.

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
I think they are beautiful, but get very large, and I believe they are quite aggressive.

OP
E

ecnaj143

Well Known
Reaction score
Gunnie said:
I think they are beautiful, but get very large, and I believe they are quite aggressive. 
Yea, I was told by the Fishstore. He was a nice guy. He said he should be quite happy in a 20gal by himself. He was right. I named him oscar and he loves his tank, he's funny too. When he wants to eat, he splashes the top of the water. So I throw in atleast one feeder fish. I also read not to feed them flakes bescause they really don't get full off them. So I guess I'll have to feed him letteuce or something. I only feed him the feeder fish once a day, should I do it twice a day??

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
You are gonna have to get a much bigger tank very soon. The link I gave you recommends 125 gallons for this fish! I have a friend who's a store owner and has a 180 gal. african cichlid tank. He feeds that tank flake food as their staple, and the venustus is just fine with that.

New Threads