Anyone know what this alien fish is ??

1. Psychedelicbabe Member Member

Does anyone know what fish this is ????
    I found it in the cold water section of my LFS he told me the name of it but I can't remember for the life of me .... Apparently it's part of the salamander family ... It has blue blood and if it loses a limb it re grows it ??? Cool or what ... In amazed by it

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

3. Viriam Karo Well Known Member Member

It's an axolotl. My boyfriend wants to set up a tank for one and I've convinced him to let me help set it up... :D

4. Psychedelicbabe Member Member

In considering it myself they are just amazing

5. WiFi Well Known Member Member

Wish I had an Axolotl!

6. blusshed Well Known Member Member

image.jpg
    Axolotl!

Im in love with them.

i just beg of anyone considering owning one to do LOTS of research before hand!

7. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Yupp they are amazing!! I'm still so jealous of all you guys that can have them!!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

8. WiFi Well Known Member Member

Yes I have done the research on them pretty neat, but I think I might be headed the saltwater way and trying that out before I get any new pets!!

9. Bob Ellis Member Member

And in case anyone missed it: Not a fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

10. Crissandra331 Member Member

See it's hard to pass those guys up!!! I'm very glad to hear your doing the research before hand! That's the only thing that scares me with these guys showing up more often is how fascinating they are but they do require certain things & have special needs someone on impulse can't necessarily provide. It's nice to know that their species can at least live on in the aquaria if it's not able to thrive in it's natural environment...

11. emmynk Well Known Member Member

[​IMG]
    yay!

12. Psychedelicbabe Member Member

Wow that's just so adorable ... I want one

13. MegsyAxolotl Initiate Member

Axolotl