Anyone Know The Sex Of My New Baby Turtle? Question

Discussion in 'Reptiles' started by Gonoli, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Gonoli

Gonoli Valued Member Member

Hi i recently got another redear slider he/she is a baby and i dont really know if that makes it harder to tell the sex but i know males have really long claws but i dont really see long claws so i think it might be a girl but he/she also has lots of pattern and i thought females dont have much pattern any help is appreciated thank you! 20180412_220440.jpg 20180412_220419.jpg 20180412_220354.jpg 20180412_220257.jpg

2. Demeter

Demeter Well Known Member Member

I do not think reptiles conform to the rules of other creatures. Pretty sure coloration has little to do with their gender. The claws are the fastest way to sex the, but you can probably look at their tails and then the curvature of the bottom shell and get a good idea as to its gender. From my understanding, shorter, fatter tails (especially at the base) are female.

3. OP
    OP
    Gonoli

Gonoli Valued Member Member

Yeah he/she kinda has a stubby tail but i think it was bullied alot before I got him/her I compared it to my other redear Bella and i think it might be a girl but i was going to wait and see if his/her claws grow any bigger to decide its for sure a girl

4. DeeW

DeeW New Member Member

I have read girls have a flatter bottom shell and boys have a sent in the bottom shell for breading reasons. But I'm not sure how true this is

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice