Anyone know of cooling fans for tanks with rims?

Nickguy5467

been looking for a fan for aquarium cooling via evaporation i guess. so i come across those clip on things, but they are all designed for rimless tanks or rims that dont have lips i guess? so they would not . or would barely fit and be worried about it. my only thought it getting a regular room fan with an adjustable height to my tanks surface to blow across that. but if anyone knows of any of anything simpler like a clip on for standard aqueon rim tanks. I'd appreciate it =)

tank just gets a little too close to the 3 degree from target temp than im comfortable with during these times

Patman0519

been looking for a fan for aquarium cooling via evaporation i guess. so i come across those clip on things, but they are all designed for rimless tanks or rims that dont have lips i guess? so they would not . or would barely fit and be worried about it. my only thought it getting a regular room fan with an adjustable height to my tanks surface to blow across that. but if anyone knows of any of anything simpler like a clip on for standard aqueon rim tanks. I'd appreciate it =)

tank just gets a little too close to the 3 degree from target temp than im comfortable with during these times
When this happens to my outdoor tank I get 2 one gallon ziplock bags and fill them with ice cubes.
Double over the inner bag and clip the outer bag to the side of the tank,I out my 400gph power head behind it and let it blow onto the bag and it cools my tank down gradually around 3 to 5 ° f depending on how long I leave it in...not a fan,but it does work.

Upvote 0

Nickguy5467

When this happens to my outdoor tank I get 2 one gallon ziplock bags and fill them with ice cubes.
Double over the inner bag and clip the outer bag to the side of the tank,I out my 400gph power head behind it and let it blow onto the bag and it cools my tank down gradually around 3 to 5 ° f depending on how long I leave it in...not a fan,but it does work.
thats brilliant. i like it. it should work for now. until i find a solution. evaporation seems to help a lot

Upvote 0

Patman0519

thats brilliant. i like it. it should work for now. until i find a solution. evaporation seems to help a lot
It was suggested to me a year or so ago on here and it works well, I use two bags at either end of my 135 gallon to keep the temps somewhat even.
I also unplug my heaters during the day and have to set an alarm to remind me to plug them back in before bed time lol.
My tank fluctuates a solid 15° f also mind you and the fish are all still alive and actually growing very well and are happy,I tried to replicate somewhat of a natural environment for this tank,takes patience and thinking outside the box sometimes.
It made me a pretty good aquaponics guy also haha.

Upvote 0

Nickguy5467

It was suggested to me a year or so ago on here and it works well, I use two bags at either end of my 135 gallon to keep the temps somewhat even.
I also unplug my heaters during the day and have to set an alarm to remind me to plug them back in before bed time lol.
My tank fluctuates a solid 15° f also mind you and the fish are all still alive and actually growing very well and are happy,I tried to replicate somewhat of a natural environment for this tank,takes patience and thinking outside the box sometimes.
It made me a pretty good aquaponics guy also haha.
unfortunately i have crappy clips right now that could only hold paper together. so im using the weight of my light. luckly the inkbird i use cuts off power to my heater when its 77 or higher . its just hot right now which sucks. thanks. nice work

Upvote 0

Patman0519

unfortunately i have crappy clips right now that could only hold paper together. so im using the weight of my light. luckly the inkbird i use cuts off power to my heater when its 77 or higher . its just hot right now which sucks. thanks. nice work
Lol, I literally take rocks and put them on the top of the bag so you already have me beat on that haha.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Crimson_687
  • Question
Replies
Views