Anyone know anything about worms by chance?

Jthare

I’m trying out a couple of projects for a college biology project I’m running. I was wondering if anyone knows if some of the worms we feed to our fish, reds, blacks, etc, can survive in a purely invertebrate tank. Sand substrate with eco complete mixed in. If so is there anything special I need to do or do I just drop them in and they feed off of the fish waste? Anything I should know? It’s also planted. Can I introduce a couple of small fish a couple of months after they’ve introduced themselves and still sustain a population? The tank is going to have mystery snails, nerites, caridina shrimp, and I might introduce some celestial pearl danios in the future. Also any tips for caridina breeding would be awesome.

Joshaeus

I've heard similar things being done with blackworms, but blackworms are frequently shipped with predatory leeches that eventually eat all the blackworms. Most other worms used as live food are not aquatic and will not survive in an aquarium. Various worms usually colonize fish tanks anyway, though...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Scubagirl1
Replies
Views
BettasAreSuperior
Replies
Views
Francine
Replies
Views