Anyone know anything about this filter?

Akari_32
Found this on Amazon. Looks like a nice filter, with an even better price! I've never heard of the brand before, though. I am in sore need of a new filter for the big pond. The one on there could then be moved to the little pond, and then I could have back up pumps Anyways, take a look! I'm curious to hear what you all have to say

bankruptjojo
never seen it, very interesting looking though...

Akari_32
Neither have I. I guess it does need a pump, though. I think I could combine two of my pumps. Or buy a new one

gremlin
It looks a lot like mine - but a different brand. I love mine. I did have to replace it - the plastic inside around the uv light got all brittle and broke (after several years). They do need to have a pump though. I have a pump with a pre-filter that sits in my pond and pumps the water through the filter. If I had more room, I would love to have a skimmer set up.

Akari_32
Gremlin, do you think once the roof is on the gazebo and the ponds are covered that I will not have green water all the time? That's the reason I want the uv, is to get rid of the green water.

gremlin
It would depend on how much direct sun it gets. Lots of light and direct sunlight are the main cause for the green water. The uv will definitely help prevent it.

cichlidmac
I just got a jebao filter myself so far its a great value. I've read a lot of the pond filters also and you can't beat it for the money. Just be aware that the plastic addons are total cheap garbage so you may want to make your own out of pvc. My intake and output haven't broke yet but I'll probably make something better.

Edit just realized you're actually using for a pond so forget about the other stuff I said

Akari_32
gremlin said:
It would depend on how much direct sun it gets. Lots of light and direct sunlight are the main cause for the green water. The uv will definitely help prevent it.
They get direct sunlight all day right now. I'm dosing twice a week with Algea Fix to atleast keep it at bay lol Once the roof is on, they'll get indirect morning and evening sun, but should very rarely get any direct sun.

marine590622
Akari_32 said:
Gremlin, do you think once the roof is on the gazebo and the ponds are covered that I will not have green water all the time? That's the reason I want the uv, is to get rid of the green water.
The reason you have green water is lots of nutrients + lots of sunlight. Put in a bog fllter and get some flooting plants. between the two you will see a decrease in nutrients and the floaters cut the sun that reaches the water. TaDa.... problem solved.

gremlin
When my pond was under the front porch, it got indirect light, but no direct sun. I didn't have any moss or algae at all. Of course, I couldn't keep any plants alive either - there just wasn't enough sun. Once I moved my pond to where it gets morning sun, I had the green pea soup algae (and moss and plants). The uv filter took care of the green pea soup. I don't have room for a bog filter (although I wish I did), and I want to see my fish - so enough floating plants to cover the water just isn't feasible (besides, my goldies eat anything other than the lilies - which don't stop the green pea soup). The uv filter just worked best for me.

Akari_32
Perhaps I'll see how it goes once the stupid roof is put on. I didn't even consider my lilies! I guess I could move them inside if they don't do well...

Dizzy
I use this same type also only the set up on the one you show looks a lot easyer to clean than the type I have the one you mention will be what I get if mine ever dies it has all the same specs and keeps my pond clean

Latest threads

Top Bottom