Anyone know about Mossy Green Barbs?

Boxermom

Reaction score
I was wondering if he was referring to green tigers, but his description of the fins doesn't match. Green tigers have orange on all of their fins. Never heard of a mossy green barb though.

I have a school consisting of green, blushing and albino tiger barbs. They are quite lovely and all shoal together. They are, however, semi-aggressive and tank mates should be chosen very carefully.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When I did a search for Mossy Green Barbs the result came back on all counts as a color morph of tiger barbs so I assume that's what they are just a different names. they are such a lovely color.
Carol

Boxermom

Reaction score
Agreed, I love mine. They look especially nice when offset against the albino. I'm also going to be growing out some black ruby barbs to add to the mix, which should look quite nice. The only problem is the only ones for sale right now are pretty small and my tigers will kill them (learned from past experience). So I'll have them in another tank until they reach a good size.

OP
Richard

Richard

Well Known
Reaction score
Hey y'all,I was off-line for a bit with computer problems..Boxermom,these fish do have orange on all their fins..so are these really a variation of those 'Mike Tyson ear-chomping' Tiger Barbs?..yeesh,maybe I should rethink getting them.

Boxermom

Reaction score
Yes, those are generally called Green Tiger Barbs, just a color variation. They aren't bad as long as you have enough of them. I would recommend an absolute minimum of six, but 8 is even better. They tend to leave others alone when in sufficient numbers.

New Threads