Question Anyone Know About Diy Decor And Training Props?

Orange Reaper

Reaction score
I will get a betta in 2 months and I would really like to train him tricks. To do that I make diy training props and I am not sure about what materials to use because I have heard that some thing are toxic. I am not sure which stuff is bad for my Betta. Is aluminum toxic to bettas?

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I think aluminum is a bad idea, if you have access to polymer clay, that's safe once baked.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Here's the thing with hot glue... It's entirely safe, but it's water based so it will dissolve over time. Pure super glue is safe, as is aquarium silicone. If you get Petco to price match their website, the silicone is like $6 and entirely safe. It doesn't take a lot to hold stuff up either.

heatherleeufc

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
For hoop training I got those plastic dangly bird toys. You can take them apart or connect them together and teach your Betta to weave in and out of them.

THRESHER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah you can use plastic birdy hoops and attach them to the glass with suction cups also. Be sure to post videos!!

R H

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This betta doing tricks thing is all new to me. My how things have changed over the years. I got to see a video of a betta doing tricks!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom