Anyone know a lot about fresh water eels from experience

Jarzola89

Reaction score
Looking to add a half banded spiny eel to my parrot fish tank.... anyone else have parrots with eels? Are they hard to keep? I’ve read a lot about them and they seem to be harder to be keep due to the fact that they can, easily get ick. What’s your experiences... I have a canister filter and a 150 gallon tank. It’s maintained weekly and my canister is cleaned monthly. Just want to get input to be sure I’m not bitting off more then I can chew.
Thanks in advanced.

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Jarzola89 said:
Looking to add a half banded spiny eel to my parrot fish tank.... anyone else have parrots with eels? Are they hard to keep? I’ve read a lot about them and they seem to be harder to be keep due to the fact that they can, easily get ick. What’s your experiences... I have a canister filter and a 150 gallon tank. It’s maintained weekly and my canister is cleaned monthly. Just want to get input to be sure I’m not bitting off more then I can chew.
Thanks in advanced.
Eels are escape artists,as well as rope fish and basically anything that looks like a snake in the water is houdini so make sure you have a good lid.

New Threads