Anyone Know A Brand Of Glue That Is Def Fish Safe?

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My java moss and anubias nana are having trouble attaching to my driftwood and I just want to glue them and get it over with. But I'm worried that I'll use glue that isn't safe and nuke my tank.
Anyone know of a glue brand that if def safe for fish? I can't find safe silicone and since I only need two or three drops glue would get more use after I'm done with it.

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Locktite super glue gel. You can use it while everything is still wet and immediately place it back in the tank. Just did it with weeping moss on driftwood. It's even reef safe

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Don't use hotglue, it'll look ugly when it dries, and plus it's kind of a hassle. Just get some Loctite super glue gel, make sure its gel. Its like $2 for a 4 pack at Walmart. I use loads of it all the time in my reef for mounting frags. I've also used it for mounting moss in FW. Just use a few drops.

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Krazy Glue works. Any pure Cyanoacrylate is non toxic. Just beware the ones with additives for UV or mold protection.

To clarify, it's non-toxic once dry. Don't immerse until the skin forms on the glue and doesn't look wet anymore, and don't rub/smear/touch the glue once it's immersed for a couple days to a week.

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mick Frost said:
Krazy Glue works. Any pure Cyanoacrylate is non toxic. Just beware the ones with additives for UV or mold protection.

To clarify, it's non-toxic once dry. Don't immerse until the skin forms on the glue and doesn't look wet anymore, and don't rub/smear/touch the glue once it's immersed for a couple days to a week.
Dont use glue, get some fishing line or clear or black sewing thread and tie it off to your log or rock or whatever

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
NavyChief20 said:
Dont use glue, get some fishing line or clear or black sewing thread and tie it off to your log or rock or whatever
There is no issue using the glues we stated, you don't have to go back in and remove it and you don't have to worry about ugly strings or the line cutting it the plant.

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You also dont have to wait for cyanoacrylic to fully dry. It immediately skins when it touches the water. Some people will even use it underwater but it doesnt look as nice when you do that and your working time is about 1 second when you do that.

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mcasella said:
There is no issue using the glues we stated, you don't have to go back in and remove it and you don't have to worry about ugly strings or the line cutting it the plant.
I've never had any of those issues

yukondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have and still do use string for the larger plants, even with those I will glue some of the roots down to help it a little bit. Hope this helps and good luck.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom