Anyone keep kuhli loaches with shrimp?

wtusa1783

Reaction score
I have a fluval flex 15 and I’m going to take some cycled media and 5 mystery snails to add some waste for like 2 weeks or until my parameters are stable. I’m then going to order shrimp online. I might add 6 ottos I’m not sure yet. After like 1-2 months I want to add 8 Pygmy cories. I would then like to add maybe 6 cpds. Could I add 6 kuhli loaches? The tank on the bottom is 16x15

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
To be honest already way too many fishes for such a small tank. Also kuhli (and pymgy cory for that mattter) need a bit of swimming room. cpds are pretty or you might consider ember tetra or kubutai rasbora.

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
jake37 said:
To be honest already way too many fishes for such a small tank. Also kuhli (and pymgy cory for that mattter) need a bit of swimming room. cpds are pretty or you might consider ember tetra or kubutai rasbora.
I don’t know why people are such sticklers about stocking. All of those fish have very small bio loads. I’ll skip out on the loaches I guess as they need more space but I think the shrimp, snails, cories, ottos, and cpds will be fine as they have very small bio loads

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm not a sticker - this is what i have in my 29:
4+ swordtails
2 lemon bn
11 kuhli
4 betta
2 mystery snails
20+ guppies
4 apistrogramma
10+ 4 week old swordtail frys
and a finger in the filter.

Hum. I think i forgot someone. Who did i forget. Anyway and someone i'm sure i forgot. This is what my 29 look like. Can you figure out who i forgot ?
29.jpg

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
jake37 said:
I'm not a sticker - this is what i have in my 29:
4+ swordtails
2 lemon bn
11 kuhli
4 betta
2 mystery snails
20+ guppies
4 apistrogramma
10+ 4 week old swordtail frys
and a finger in the filter.

Hum. I think i forgot someone. Who did i forget. Anyway and someone i'm sure i forgot. This is what my 29 look like. Can you figure out who i forgot ?
29.jpg
Omg that’s literally me lol. I watched a mass aquatics vid and he was talking about how he hates how people barely stick their tanks and how if you have a tank you should stock it a decent amount. It’s the vid that talks about how the inch per gallon is bogus. Sorry didn’t mean to insult u I was talking about people in general. So am I good without the loaches then? I plan to only do 10-15% wc a week since it’ll be a shrimp tank with a few small peaceful fish. It will have red root floaters to suck up the nitrates as well

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Maybe - the pygmy like some swimming space so not sure there. Also the otto will need some algae to eat - i feed the 11 i have in my 40B zuc and they pile on it 5 or 6 at a time. They sure like their zuc. A 15 is pretty small. Also i think if i remember correctly the flex is actually smaller since they count the space carved out for filtration.

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
jake37 said:
Maybe - the pygmy like some swimming space so not sure there. Also the otto will need some algae to eat - i feed the 11 i have in my 40B zuc and they pile on it 5 or 6 at a time. They sure like their zuc. A 15 is pretty small. Also i think if i remember correctly the flex is actually smaller since they count the space carved out for filtration.
Yea. I would feed the shrimp algae wafers And other veggies so the ottos could join in. Maybe if I see some algae I’ll get some ottos

SilverLake

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
jake37 said:
I have the 9, and you're right, they do count the filter area.

New Threads