Anyone Here Like To Cook/bake? - Page 37

AcornTheBetta

julifhy said:
I couldn’t find this thread for some reason :confused:

Here’s my first attempt on cloud eggs :)
I accidentally slightly over cooked it because I couldn’t tell if it was cooked or not. I also didn’t know you had to cook it in an oven lol. It was still really good though! And fluffy :hilarious:
There should be a hungry reaction

StarGirl

Betta'sAnonymous do you have a recipe for Runza's? Every time I see your Nebraska I want one....lol

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
Betta'sAnonymous do you have a recipe for Runza's? Every time I see your Nebraska I want one....lol
I don't. I just go to the drive-thru when i want one lol!! It's only a mile away

StarGirl

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I don't. I just go to the drive-thru when i want one lol!! It's only a mile away
LUCKY!!!!!!

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
LUCKY!!!!!!
Saturday was the bbq bacon runza. Surely there is a recipe online. Or maybe lincolnjournalstar.com

They have published recipes for them in the past.

StarGirl

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Saturday was the bbq bacon runza. Surely there is a recipe online. Or maybe lincolnjournalstar.com

They have published recipes for them in the past.
:p

Betta'sAnonymous

So Michigan about to get a new dive-thru? :p:p

Frisbee

Thanksgiving pie is in the oven! This one is dairy free and gluten-free for me. The regular one for the rest of the family is going in later today. I’ve also got gluten free stuffing to make. I’m getting all ready today because the turkey will be in the oven all day tomorrow.

Mhamilton0911

I too am gluten free so I usually buy premade gluten things (for everyone else) and homemake all my gluten free goodies :)

Frisbee

Mhamilton0911 said:
I too am gluten free so I usually buy premade gluten things (for everyone else) and homemake all my gluten free goodies :)
Pro tip, Almond flour makes really good pie crusts, better then rice flour in my opinion. Almond flour crusts are kind of gooy and you can’t really roll them out (I just press it into the pie dish), but after you bake it, it’s really flaky and yummy.

maverick26x

I love baking breads, pizzas, focaccia and the like! Love the smell of my kitchen while baking, puts me in a good mood

Mhamilton0911

Frisbee said:
Pro tip, Almond flour makes really good pie crusts, better then rice flour in my opinion. They are kind gooy and you can’t really roll them out (I just press it into the pie dish), but after you bake it, it’s really flaky and yummy.
I'm assuming almond flour alone, not in a mix? I currently use a mix, but my local store actually has almond flour and I can go get some.

I usually get strapped for time and just make apple crisp, but I love pies all year round. I am gifting myself a stand mixer this year so I will be eager to try it out.

Since you are GF, do you also bake your own bread? I'm struggling...

Frisbee

Mhamilton0911 said:
I'm assuming almond flour alone, not in a mix? I currently use a mix, but my local store actually has almond flour and I can go get some.

I usually get strapped for time and just make apple crisp, but I love pies all year round. I am gifting myself a stand mixer this year so I will be eager to try it out.

I just use plain blanched almond flour from Costco and add a little arrowroot and an egg to help the crust hold together. The egg isn’t really necessary, it just helps the texture in my opinion. My ratio is about 1 1/4 cups almond flour and 1/4 cup arrowroot for a one crust pie.For a regular two crust pie you can just double that.

The only problem with an almond flour pie crust is that for some strange reason it won’t cook in a stoneware dish. They come out amazing in glass pie dishes (what I use), but they just don’t work with stoneware. I don’t really know why.

I haven’t been able to make good bread yet. I tried making rice flour bread once, but it didn’t really rise properly because it is too cold in my house and I don’t have a rise setting on my oven. Bread is on my list of thing I need to experiment with though.

Frisbee

Mhamilton0911 said:

Oh btw, I made some gluten free stuffing that was pretty good. Just cut up onions and celery really small, sautéed them in a pan, then threw them in a bowl and mixed in an egg, some turkey dripping (just fatty broth that accumulates under the turkey), and a 50/50 mixture of rice flour and almond flour with some poultry seasoning and salt. Put it in a small casserole dish and put some tin foil over it and baked in the oven at 350 for a probably about a half hour (stirring every 10 minutes or so). Turned out quite nice!

Prest12

Didn’t really expect to decorate the pies, but I was bored.

And of course there are more.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom