Anyone Heard Of This Hybrid?

edevingo

Member
I know hybrid's can cause a debate. So I'd just like to make it clear,that I do not breed my cichlids to sell nor do I or would I ever claI'm something that it's not.
With that out of the way, I caught one of my Female Sunshine Peacock's spawning with my Dragons blood. I don't know if she's color blind or what. Lol. Anyways I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a combo or better yet have pictures of what her fry might look like?
I very rarely separate my females, unless I witness and Know who she spawned with, I leave her in my main tank and let nature do its thing. This combo is interesting in my opinion to say the least.
Thanks
 

chromedome52

Member
It is not a unique cross, happens all the time. Since the Dragon's Blood is already a hybrid Peacock, it really doesn't matter. As for what will come of it, there is little information as to the genetics of Peacock hybrids.
 

Blaze

Member
edevingo said:
I know hybrid's can cause a debate. So I'd just like to make it clear,that I do not breed my cichlids to sell nor do I or would I ever claI'm something that it's not.
With that out of the way, I caught one of my Female Sunshine Peacock's spawning with my Dragons blood. I don't know if she's color blind or what. Lol. Anyways I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a combo or better yet have pictures of what her fry might look like?
I very rarely separate my females, unless I witness and Know who she spawned with, I leave her in my main tank and let nature do its thing. This combo is interesting in my opinion to say the least.
Thanks
Sorry if this was already done and over with lol but what came of this? Did you get fry?
 

stayathomecichlidmom

Member
Hi. Sorry didn't see this. I'm trying to merge my new account and can't figure out how too. Anyways. Lol. She swallowed/spit them a few days later but this is even better. She's currently holding and with this batch she decided to spawn with my AhlI and my Venustus, she went from one side of the tank to the other. Apparently she wants nothing to do with my Male sunshine. Lol. She's been holding for a few weeks so some should make it this time and it will be interesting. Lol.
Blaze said:
Sorry if this was already done and over with lol but what came of this? Did you get fry?
 

Blaze

Member
stayathomecichlidmom said:
Hi. Sorry didn't see this. I'm trying to merge my new account and can't figure out how too. Anyways. Lol. She swallowed/spit them a few days later but this is even better. She's currently holding and with this batch she decided to spawn with my AhlI and my Venustus, she went from one side of the tank to the other. Apparently she wants nothing to do with my Male sunshine. Lol. She's been holding for a few weeks so some should make it this time and it will be interesting. Lol.
Keep us posted lol I'm intrigued
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom