Anyone have pea puffers?

bettafanatic

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Does anyone here have pea/dwarf puffers? Can I see your setup? Pros and cons to owning one? Anything else you want to tell me? I'm debating on a single puffer for my nano but not set in stone. What about keeping shrimp with them?

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
We have one in an 8.8 with an otto cat. Started with 2 puffers but one was gone the next day so not sure if it was sick or the other one killed it. Never found any remains. Pros: always front n center when I get upto the tank. Mine eats well. Combination of frozen blood worms and ramshorn snails.
Cons: Tough to get a good pic of them their always “hovering” around. tank turns into a snail shell graveyard. Which in turn gets a little messy. Aside from that they are such cool little personable fish. Here is ours and his tank. Also if u look up kals tanks I have a video with him along with other videos of our other tanks. The link is in my signature if you can see it.

Attachments

OP
bettafanatic

bettafanatic

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
kallililly1973 said:
I have one in an 8.8 with an otto cat. Started with 2 puffers but one was gone the next day so not sure if it was sick or the other one killed it. Never found any remains. Pros: always front n center when I get upto the tank. Mine eats well. Combination of frozen blood worms and ramshorn snails.
Cons: Tough to get a good pic of them their always “hovering” around. tank turns into a snail shell graveyard. Which in turn gets a little messy. Aside from that they are such cool little personable fish. Here is mine and his tank. Also if u look up kals tanks I have a video with him along with other videos of my other tanks. The link is in my signature if you can see it.
He is adorable and yes I am going to go check out the video. Thanks so much! Do they eat or destroy plants?

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
bettafanatic said:
He is adorable and yes I am going to go check out the video. Thanks so much! Do they eat or destroy plants?
He has never messed with any plants In his tank. so unlikely they will do that.

New Threads