Anyone Have Fluval 206? Question

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Dk92, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Dk92

Dk92New MemberMember

The intake tube is clear I don’t know why they wouldn’t just make it black. Does anyone have a problem with alge in the tube like does it look filthy ? I know it’s just alge but with a clear tube must look bad

2. Thor555

Thor555Valued MemberMember

I have black tubes everywhere because I like the look. However, the tubes DO need cleaning occasionally and the clear tubes ALWAYS alert you when they should be cleaned. They'll embarrass you enough to clean them. I don't think this is a bad thing.

And they look brand new and clean after each cleaning.

EDIT: In any case ... you can change almost any aspect of your filter. I usually don't run any of my filters with the "stock" intakes (or outtakes for that matter).

3. DarkOne

DarkOneFishlore VIPMember

I have a 206, 2x 306, 406 and FX4. They're mostly hidden behind plants so not very noticeable. They're really easy to clean so it's not been an issue for me.

4. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

I have a 206 and a 406 and i have the black ribbed hoses. did your 206 come with clear tubes? does anyone know what clear hoses will fit a 206 or 406? i'de like to add lily pipes to my filters.

5. DarkOne

I think he's talking about the intake tube.

6. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

ohhh ok yes he is sorry.

7. Rivieraneo

RivieraneoModeratorModerator Member

Algae will always be part of your aquarium, think of it as patina is to a leather couch ;)

8. OP
    OP
    Dk92

Dk92New MemberMember

Lol yeah I know but saying why show it off if you don’t have to in the black tube

9. DarkOne

FX series comes with black tubes :p

*Edit*
    They have black tubing for the new 07 series.
    °

10. OP
    OP
    Dk92

Dk92New MemberMember

I know but they don’t have in Canada well at least not yet just USA and UK. Sure it will be released soon