Anyone Have Experience?..

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Ini, Apr 16, 2017.

1. I

Ini New Member Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. Esimm03

Esimm03 Well Known Member Member

Hi,

I've never had experience with this tank and I'm not sure if a heater will fit, however there Is a heater available for the bio orb (which ive had experience with keeping tropicals in here and is a curved tank.)

biOrb Heater Pack  

Hope this helps,
    Ethan

3. OP
    OP
    I

Ini New Member Member

Unfortunately, that tank is wayyy out of my price zone..

4. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

Why don't you message the seller and ask?

Are you getting the 20l? If so it will likely have more room for a heater than the 10l.

Is this for a betta? If so I recommend getting the 20l anyway because although the 10l has the minimum amount of litres recommended, bigger is always better.

5. OP
    OP
    I

Ini New Member Member

Yes, I'd get the 20L. I have messaged the seller, but they are currently away, so am looking for other opinions in the meantime

6. Esimm03

Esimm03 Well Known Member Member

Hi,

Sorry, I ment the heater might fit the tank you wanted to get

However I'm not sure about sizes ect..

Ethan

7. OP
    OP
    I

Ini New Member Member

Ah, ok! I'll take a look.

8. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

Options for a heater or for another tank?

9. OP
    OP
    I

Ini New Member Member

On whether the tank will take a heater. I have another tank in mind, but I like this one better.

10. Tiny_Tanganyikans

Tiny_Tanganyikans Well Known Member Member

There's plenty of mini heaters that will fit into that but a couple questions.. why buy an expensive fish bowl? That's insanely expensive for 10/20L you could buy a much nicer setup with that amount of money.

11. OP
    OP
    I

Ini New Member Member

Depends where you are. In the US I dare say you can, but here in the UK, it's hard to find a nice tank and setup for less..

12. Tiny_Tanganyikans

I can find you several if you like

13. OP
    OP
    I

Ini New Member Member

Yes please!

14. Tiny_Tanganyikans

25L comes with filter lights and heater cheaper than that bowl.

15. OP
    OP
    I

Ini New Member Member

Hmm tempting! I just like the unusual design I guess.. I was looking at the fluval chi, but someone said people had problems with the filter..

16. Tiny_Tanganyikans

The fluval chi is a solid aquarium. The filter is very sound. It does not come with a heater but it does look nice.

IMO those "stylish" aquariums are expensive for no reason. I build my own so I can't justify the money when I could build multiple identical aquariums for the price.

17. OP
    OP
    I

Ini New Member Member

Good to know it's a solid tank. Will reconsider it. I know they probably (well almost certainly) charge extra cos they are "stylish", but I can't help liking them..

18. EternalDancer

EternalDancer Well Known Member Member

Pets at home do a 19l "kids tank" for £26.

Literally just a basic rectangular tank, with lid and filter. (Means light and heater need to be bought separate but you can get them super cheap off eBay).

I know it's not the funky shape you like but, it's cheap (I believe there's also a 24l one).

I'd pick these over the round tanks, but it's personal preference because I like footprint.

You could pick up any small heater and sit it on the flat side behind some plants.

19. OP
    OP
    I

Ini New Member Member

Hmm interesting..

Edit: Done the maths, and it would cost less to get the chi than the basic one at pets at home..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  20. EternalDancer

EternalDancer Well Known Member Member

Oh! You're the person that posted about the betta tank!

I posted a pic of mine in that thread... that's the tank I'm talking about here. Standard "kids tank".
    It comes with some gravel an crap that I didn't use.

I have two of them for my boys (again, excuse reflection, they look awesome at night when they show up better).

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice