Anyone have experience with ZooXae?

AcornTheBetta

Hi all!
I was surfing the internet for some elephant skin stone for a possible future build and came a cross this site called ZooXae that had elephant skin stone that is $50 for 22 lbs. I think that's a pretty good deal, but if it isn't LMK. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this site? Is there a better place to get hardscape from that I am missing out on? Thanks!
Link the the page I was viewing: Gray Elephant Skin Stone 22lbs Mixed Rock Kit
EDIT: It looks to be an aquarium shop in the Chicago Area.

Fishproblem

Hi all!
I was surfing the internet for some elephant skin stone for a possible future build and came a cross this site called ZooXae that had elephant skin stone that is $50 for 22 lbs. I think that's a pretty good deal, but if it isn't LMK. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this site? Is there a better place to get hardscape from that I am missing out on? Thanks!
Link the the page I was viewing: Gray Elephant Skin Stone 22lbs Mixed Rock Kit
EDIT: It looks to be an aquarium shop in the Chicago Area.
Hey! Which build is this for?

It looks like a great deal, but the rocks look a little smooth?

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Hey! Which build is this for?

It looks like a great deal, but the rocks look a little smooth?
It's potentially for my grampa's build which probably won't come soon because of COVID.
I agree it does look a bit smooth...

Upvote 0

Fishproblem

That's what I thought! Just an idea, but if you're close to a rocky beach you could get rocks there. There's a SUPER cool goldfish scape I saw online that was just huge river rocks. I can't link directly to it cause it's just a slideshow page, but it's the 18th image on Aquarium Design Group's hardscape page on their site.

Otherwise, yeah I think that elephant stone is a good deal. Unless... what's the shipping cost for 22 lbs of rock?

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

That's what I thought! Just an idea, but if you're close to a rocky beach you could get rocks there. There's a SUPER cool goldfish scape I saw online that was just huge river rocks. I can't link directly to it cause it's just a slideshow page, but it's the 18th image on Aquarium Design Group's hardscape page on their site.

Otherwise, yeah I think that elephant stone is a good deal. Unless... what's the shipping cost for 22 lbs of rock?
I'm not sure what the shipping is, but I will figure that out today. That's not a bad idea.

Upvote 0

Fishproblem

Fishproblem do you think this seller on ebay is good? Their reviews are 100% positive.
Elephant Skin Stone Free Shipping | eBay
That looks like good stuff! Seller since 2017, good rating with 70+ sales? I'd buy from them for sure.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
alexbeal1117
  • Question
Replies
Views
KohakuRiver
Replies
Views
Pat93