Anyone have experience with this light?

Nianichole

The saga of trying to get a light for my planted tank continues...

First light wasn't strong enough so I returned it. I have a tight budget. I really want to spend $50 or less.

I ordered the Nicrew Classic plus from Amazon, out of the box it was faulty, only the blue LEDs world turn on. No big deal. Sent it back and waited for replacement. Plot twist - second light was damaged in shipping and I just got the alert that it's undeliverable and my $ is being refunded.

I really need a light! My poor plants are depending on a little lamp at the moment.

So instead of ordering the same light for the third time, I'm looking at my options again. I know this is essentially a China cheepie product, but I'm thinking it might work for me. And it seems to be working for other people...

Did anyone have experience with this light:
hygger 24/7 Lighting Aquarium LED Light

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N19ZXM...abc_TTEEDY9VZDWD3SNNP2TZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I like that it has a built in timer and a 24/7 mode if I want...

86 ssinit

Look into the hygger 957. It’s programable in a way that you set how bright the light will be during the day at different times. All programming is done on the light itself through a keypad and an led screen. Very easy nice setup. Next the vivagrow 24/7 is a great cheap light.

Upvote 0

Nianichole

Look into the hygger 957. It’s programable in a way that you set how bright the light will be during the day at different times. All programming is done on the light itself through a keypad and an led screen. Very easy nice setup. Next the vivagrow 24/7 is a great cheap light.

Thank you! I'll check those out,

Upvote 0

Cinabar

Don’t have that exact light, but I have the white/blue/red LED version by hygger. I run the 30 inch on my 29g and it’s so incredibly bright that I have to set it at 50%. I’m talking squinting at the sun bright. At least my plants are having a good time, so there’s that.

Upvote 0

Mhamilton0911

I have your first light, and it works. But it's not my favorite. I also bought thier in-line timer/controller , and it sucks. It makes the light flicker while ramping up and down, and then randomly flicker all day. I took the timer off and it stops. The light itself is bright though. Just no timer. I did talk with customer support, and they offered to replace, but my hubby threw out the box, and I had no other light while that would be gone, so I opted to keep it.

I bought a hygger 24/7 for a different tank and I'm in love. I'm buying more for other tanks. It wasn't outrageous priced either, the same as the nicrew actually, I'm bummed I didn't get this for my big tank in the first place, lol

Upvote 0

Nianichole

Don’t have that exact light, but I have the white/blue/red LED version by hygger. I run the 30 inch on my 29g and it’s so incredibly bright that I have to set it at 50%. I’m talking squinting at the sun bright. At least my plants are having a good time, so there’s that.

Thanks for sharing! Your experience definitely makes me feel better about going with this brand.
I have your first light, and it works. But it's not my favorite. I also bought thier in-line timer/controller , and it sucks. It makes the light flicker while ramping up and down, and then randomly flicker all day. I took the timer off and it stops. The light itself is bright though. Just no timer. I did talk with customer support, and they offered to replace, but my hubby threw out the box, and I had no other light while that would be gone, so I opted to keep it.

I bought a hygger 24/7 for a different tank and I'm in love. I'm buying more for other tanks. It wasn't outrageous priced either, the same as the nicrew actually, I'm bummed I didn't get this for my big tank in the first place, lol

Sweet! Thanks for your input. This is really helpful. It's sounding like hygger is the way to go.

Upvote 0

mattgirl

For an inexpensive light the vivagrow 24/7 fits the bill. I have been using a 48" one for just over a year. So far I have been happy with it. It does fit in your $50.00 price range. the hygger may be worth paying more for though.

Upvote 0

Dennis57

I also started using the vivagrow lights with my Fluval 3.0, for the price, they are worth it.

Upvote 0

Mansoboy

I have this one too, the longest model works like a charm in a 130cm*40cm*35cm tank heavy planted low tech. Love the clarity and colours on fish, plants are thriving and 0 algae blooms a up to date.
The only handicap is about the controller, only have 6,8 and 12h (not 10h which is my preference). Also, I didn't find the way to deactivate night mode (soft blue light) in case of program it. Anyway, just installed a 5€ aliexpress plug wifi controller and solved!

Upvote 0

seem

I've had the Nicrew classic LED, went faulty after 14 months. There not built to last. One of the LED strip has failed. I believe this could be down to condensation as there not sealed. Nicrew refuse to replace it as they only give 1 year warranty! If a company can't give at least a 2 year warranty on a product then it's bag of which it is. CHINESE cheap rubbish. Invest in a better light. I have bought a hygger for now.

I have a saying, buy the one you really want and of quality or end up buying twice.

I have got a Hygger to replace the faulty nicrap and it appears to be better made and warmer colour. It's 32W and appears better than the one you suggested. This one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0872YF1Q3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_FH7ZY59MEQDQ5EHEE4FJ

but I be getting a better quality branded light.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SinkyShippy
Replies
Views
FishDin
  • Question
  • BettasAreSuperior
  • Lighting
Replies