Anyone have discus

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'd don't, lol ... though I'd LOVE TO have the time for a huge planted discus tank! I don't think I would have the time to perform 50% water changes in a huge tank twice a week - for this is what Discus need: a huge tank, and large and frequent water changes.

bmRboY

Reaction score
I do!!!! Great fish!!! Just hard to keep.... How many have you got? experiencing velvet disease with one of them.... Might have to cull it.... :'(

Radcliffe

Reaction score
Not I, but I am thinking about it. I have a 55 gallon tank in my front room that is sitting empty at the moment. I am slowly collecting the substrate, decor, and most importantly the lighting I will need to get it started. Reading up on discus has been part of the fun of trying to plan what ill go in the tank. I want bigger, peaceful fish that are colorful- but at the same time I want to be absolutely sure I am up for the long term care that they will need before purchasing them.

One thing I am certain of- they are amazing fish!!

--R

nicole

Reaction score
I have 17,after my first one I couldnt stop looking for more,they range from 5cm to 15cm , still after more though,tanks are taking over the house

bmRboY

Reaction score
nicole said:
I have 17,after my first one I couldnt stop looking for more,they range from 5cm to 15cm , still after more though,tanks are taking over the house
I know what you mean.... would love to get a marlboro red.... What kind do you have? are Heckels really hard to take care of?

nicole

Reaction score
I'm loving the red one in your pic nice colour,I have a pair of ghost reds, 4 cobolt blues,2 spotted leopards,1 blue diamond,2 blue turks,2 red turks,1 white (which is one of my sick ones),1 pigeon blood, 1 golden sunrise and a small one which I still don't know what it is.I would love a red rose and a yellow.The really deep reds get me everytime.

MelissaF672

Reaction score
YAAAAY FOR DISCUS! They are the coolest fish i've ever owned. Definitely a bit harder to keep sometimes but so worth it.

craigd

Reaction score
I have a 92 gallon corner show tank. I have 10 discus fish. Two of them are approx. 4 inches in size the other 8 are between 2 and 3 inches.

I am new (today) to this forum. We share a common interest in discus fish. I now have 10.

New Threads