Anyone have a mature electric blue jack dempsey?

TaylormadeR7

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have recently purchased a juvenile 1.5" electric blue jack dempsey. He/she is doing well. I am interested in any information from someone with experience with this fish. I have found juveniles in my searches and would like someone with a mature ebjd to reply. Thank you.

mushtodo

Reaction score
Hi, Well I've just joined 10/04/07.
Our Jack is probably an electric blue jack dempsey. He has a bump on his head and has very fluoresant orange coloring on his tale and a little hight towards his back and his tummy. We've had him since he was about 6 weeks old. An acquaintance gave him to us. He has bonded very well with the whole family. We think he thinks he's human!!LOL
Anyways, we found him a mate of which the pet store told us she laid eggs. Well now Jack and "Julietta" are doing their ballet dance and she is getting the tank ready for egg laying. The rocks are piling up in the middle and the glass is showing and will show for quite awhile I guess. They were lip locking too. At first Jack wasn't to sure of Julietta but their definitely was no fighting. But boy, does she play hard to get.
Must remember to keep up the water changes during this time.
Anybody else can help out here. Will post pic's at a later date.
Nice meeting you

jack11

Valued Member
Reaction score
wow great fish, how old are they now?

TaylormadeR7

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are about 4 months old. The larger of the two is about 2". Their color is darker due to the black sand bottom. This is a pair from a breeder (Hollywood). I have had blues in the past and these two are by far the best ones I've had. They are in a 29 gal. with a peppered catfish. I am keeping them alone until they grow out. I am doing water changes every 3-4 days and feeding frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, flakes, tetra floating sticks, color bits, you name they eat it. I am very pleased with their progress. I have had them for 3 weeks now.

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
WOW I dont think I have ever seen a blue JD. Those are beautiful markings on those fish! Congratulations... ;D
~ kate

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
So bright & colorful

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom