Anyone Have A Fish Room In Their House?

1. P

PAND3MIC Member Member

The title says all. Does anyone have a room in their home dedicated to fish tanks? I wanted to start one and I wanted to know if anyone has been inspired to do the same. I'd like to hear about them or possibly even see them.

I almost want to buy a metal building so my fishkeeping obsession has no limits.

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

Lol, my small apartment is literally my fish room lol; it's a fish house/apartment :p. The only place that doesn't have a tank is my itty bitty bathroom and my itty bitty kitchen lol. :)

3. Pishies

Pishies Member Member

Yes! I have a fish room. Love it! Its my sanctuary.

4. KinsKicks

Awesome! What fish do you keep? I like hearing about them :D

5. Pishies

Pishies Member Member

I have 13 tanks ranging from 5 gallon to 75 gallon. I keep small tropical fish. I am planning another tank or two......or three ;)

6. KinsKicks

Oh wow! That's so awesome! I wish I had space for that many tanks. Sounds like a dream!

7. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Yep 85376dc7d0f650a678eff34612f92feb.jpg 9c375727dd1b7dab78826b06c6d37d12.jpg

8. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

When the kids move out, there bedroom will be my fish room. Right now I have 3 tanks set up in 2 rooms. Only 5 years to go . oh dreams.

9. Keystone

Keystone Well Known Member Member

I have 13 tanks ranging from 1.5 to 55 gallons in my fish room. I only raise invertebrates, so there aren't any fish in the fish room.

10. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

My daughter "Boomerang" has moved out so I am probably going to take over her old bedroom which is huge. I'll probably start with just one rack because I call her "boomerang" for a reason. She may make extended returns. She'll be living with fishies this time lol.

11. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, I have a fishroom.
    It's every room in the house.

12. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

Lol sounds great.

13. Kailyn

Kailyn Member Member

Yes and I love it! 2 of my three tanks are in there, the 75g and a 5g shrimp tank. My 36g bowfront is in my living room.

14. C

ChiefBrody Member Member

First of it should probably be on a solid concrete floor at ground level. First of all consider the weight. How many are we talking here? Like 10 or like 100?
    First of all... you're limited by your structure so really some background in framing or contruction in my mind is essential. I've never had a blow out or dumped a tank ever and my knowledge from years in the trades is the only real reason for this. You can read horror stories on here of the worst kind no doubt. Welding isn't a hobby. There's a proper way to work with angle iron etc so drafting everything on the computer first would be my first step

15. s

smee82 Well Known Member Member

I wish i had the space

16. ShawnFish

ShawnFish Member Member

Doubledutch, what fish do you keep?

17. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

I am a corydoras-addict.

18. dartzy

dartzy Member Member

I wish...one day.

19. MC4RKiller

MC4RKiller Member Member

Yes! My home office is my dedicated fish room(it is technically a bedroom). I removed the door and replaced the door frame for the room to allow more space for tanks. Closet doors got removed in favor of a sliding curtain again for more tank space. I have 3x75s, 1 50, and a 40B plus a desk and recliner.

The guest bedroom has inherited 3 tanks(55, 40, 29).

I do plan to probably next year or sometime over the winter do some reno to the "fish room" by adding a 125G....I will need to move one of the 75s out for this but I will set the evicted 75 up in our bedroom which already has a 50G.

The only tank I have in public view is a 56G column...so we don't appear crazy. However we live in a zoo with 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a lizard along with my 11 aquariums.

20. B

Bbarb27 Member Member

Yes, my lower level family room is my fish room. After years of tanks all over the house, I've contained my habit to one room. It has a carpeted concrete floor (ground level) so I don't have to worry about the weight and access to water and a drain in a nearby bathroom. I've had as many as 10 tank operational but am now down to 5 established tanks and one new 75 that I'm cycling.