Anyone had experience with repashy?

chi
has anyone had expierience with repashy? Maybe I did somrthing wrong but mine seems to disolve pretty quickly in the tank and makes the water cloudy

bigdreams
The ratio of powder to water differs for each product. It's 2 or 3 parts water to one part powder for Grub Pie and Community Plus. Also keep in mind there is Repashy for reptiles food, that you should NOT be using... Since I don't believe it gels in the same way.

chi
Thanks , I'm using repashy soilent green for my otos. I did I part repash to 3 parts water . So maybe I should use less water??

bigdreams
Try 2 to 1 ratio and see what happens. I make a teaspoon at a time so it's easy to redo without losing a big batch

Carbeo
I saw a video where someone mixed it cold and then microwaved it 10+ seconds and stir again before setting. That's how I do it now. It seems to hold up better at feeding.

chi
thanks everyone . I think it would help too if the otos liked it better.

bigdreams
When I add too much water it doesn't dissolve but does "cloud" a bit when the larger fish bite into it.. But I see it as a good thing, my guppy fry very easily and heartily gobble up all the food particles. Plus I need to feed my snails somehow

Brizburk
Holy cow I just posted about Repashy Grub Pie.... think it’s in the wrong area.

I’ll post a separate thread

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WrenFeenix
Replies
Views
coribirdie
Replies
Views
PatrickShrimp
Replies