Anyone got any ideas?

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Lately the filter in my 7.5gal has been falling off the glass.  :-\ Its a brilliant filter - very quiet and does a good job - its a duetto 50 filter i think, but the succers just don't seem to be able to hold it to the glass at the moment and it's making Bruno (my Guppie) a bit confused. lol.

Un fortunately my lfs closed this week without any warning at all!! (Aaaarrrrrrhhhh!!!  > ) and I dont realy know if my lfs sells new succers. The ones that are on there are quite small and have have little things at the back that slots into the filter itself.

Any ideas where I could buy new succers for the filter?

Thanks!!

Gwenz

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think craft stores sell them. Do you have dollar stores around you?

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i got a heater which had perished/rock hard suckers that wouldnt do the job, so asked at my lfs and they had an assortment to chose from!! if one lfs doesnt have any, have a look in another. good luck 

oh, just had a thought, somewhere like halfords (if you have those in wales??)/car maintance shop may sell them for sat nav, note books, hands free and all the other gadgets and gizmos people have stuck on their windows. worth a look if your local fish shops dont have any. let us know if you suceed in your quest!!!!!!!!!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips!!

inuyasha_lover_21 - Im in Uk so we'd have £ stores not $ stores lol. but yeah we have some, could check there.

Tan.b - Good idea!! I have a halfords not to far away. I could check there. Could check at lfs as u suggested as well.
But it's late now, so for now I'll just have to keep sticking it back every half hour lol!! Oh well. Dnt know what'll happen during the night. Bruno will just have to sleep with it sat at the bottom of the tank for the night. :-\

Thanks again.

Gwenz

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
good luck. let us know how you get on!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
> No luck! I've been everywhere but can't find anything that fits. Everywhere i've been, yes they have spare suction cups but none are the right size. :-\ Now i've realised that the filter isn't doing it's job properly when it's slightly slanted because it cant stick to the wall. :-\

I'm running out of ideas? Can i buy succers online anywhere? Will it be ok just standing on the gravel until i've found a solution?

Thanks.

Gwenz :-\

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
oh dear! i guess standing on the gravel will have to do, but surely this will compromise its suction through the filter..wont that cover up the holes that the water is sucked up through?
is there any way you could use an old metal coathanger to hook around the filter then loop the other end over the side of the tank? i havent actually tried this....just an idea that came to mind!!! other than that it might have to be a new filter !
do you have a heater from that tank or another filter from another tank where you could "borrow" some suckers. ie another appliance have 4 suckers, therefore "borrow" 2 for your filter and they have 2 each? if that makes sense? only other option that comes to mind is contacting the company that make the filter and asking them for some? have you still got the box/instructions as the tel. no. or email or something will be on there. if not look on internet for tel no. surely most filter manufacturers/distributors have websites? if not yell.com will have it.
good luck in your quest!!! let us know how you get on!
tan

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tan. The filter in my other tank is built into the tank so doesn't have succers.  :-\ I've looked at the site that i bought it from and remember seeing spares on there when i bought it but can't find them now.  ???

As for covering up the holes that the water is sucked up through they go from the bottom of the filter around the side, so it should be ok for now. (I hope)

I've had another idea though. I noticed today that there is some algae on the side of the tank where the filter goes, so could it be that it can't stick because of the algae? I'll clean it off straight away!!  ;D lol!! It's hard to see the algae because I have background on the side of the tank as well as the back (because there is an old bookshelf right by it that isn't very nice to look at) and the background is of plants so the algae is hard to notice. But like i said I'll clean it off and see if it works!!

Yes i still have the box. If i can't find another solution I'll have to give them a call or E-mail them lik eyou suggested to see if they can send some new succers.

thanks again

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom