Anyone got any good suggestions for more ichthyology content youtubers?

IchthyPen

I love aquarium content on youtube as much as the next guy but I also enjoy more of an education/scientific driven content. I haven't really found youtubers i enjoy that are more educational/scientific in their content around fish. Anyone got any good suggestions?

SnookusFish

Not sure...aquapros comes to mind because he used to present his videos in a scientific way but he doesn't anymore

AvalancheDave

Can you give an example of the kind of content you're looking for?

IchthyPen

examples would be ig, videos of fun experiments with fish, or videos like thought emporium that would be more about ichthyology.

MoshJosh

Not fish. . . But Your Dinosaurs Are Wrong is pretty interesting. Also not fish related but Kurzgesagt is awesome, I especially love the content related to space.

fish related but not “scientific” jon b documented fishing in the Amazon and I found that pretty enjoyable.

chromedome52

Ichthyology won't appeal to youtube watchers in general, you need the lowest common denominator. Science is boring to most of them. The people I know who are extremely knowledgeable in ichthyology also tend to be a snooze in person, and that's coming from someone who has a great deal of interest in what they can tell me. A one on one conversation with Paul Loiselle, for example, is fascinating, but when he puts it into a lecture my eyes start to glaze over.

Fisheye

Dr. Loh. The Fish Doctor on Youtube. I think he's great!

IchthyPen said:
... videos of fun experiments with fish...
Paul Cuffaro

He seems to have fun

JettsPapa

Prime Time Aquatics. I also like Vinny's Aquatics, but scientific it ain't.

erinw347

Fish For Thought isn’t so much scientific, but hes more educational than other fishtubers IMO.

NBettas83

As Fisheye recommended, The Fish Doctor is great. A lot of fishkeeping channels will include science from time to time but I haven't seen many options.
Fisheye said:
Paul Cuffaro

He seems to have fun
Isn't he the one who also put fish in a storage drawer (one of those plastic ones)?

Fisheye

NBettas83 said:
Isn't he the one who also put fish in a storage drawer (one of those plastic ones)?
Yes he is, amongst other infuriatingly irresponsible things. Kid has made a fortune off of I don't know what. He's like a male JOJO Siwa .

I was trying, and failed, to make a sarcastic comment when I read this because I don't know what that means and male JOJO popped into my head.

IchthyPen said:
videos of fun experiments with fish

NBettas83

Fisheye said:
Yes he is, amongst other infuriatingly irresponsible things. Kid has made a fortune off of I don't know what. He's like a male JOJO Siwa .

I was trying, and failed, to make a sarcastic comment when I read this because I don't know what that means and male JOJO popped into my head.
Yeah, I've seen a few thumbnails and looked at one video and that was enough. Paul Cuffaro seems to just "keep" fish for the views.

flyinGourami

Paul cuffaro? I think he is far from scientific and I really do not think he cares for some of his fish properly. This is just opinion but to me(so before anyone attacks me, again, just my opinion from watching his videos) he doesn't have a good grasp on fish keeping such as cycling the tank.

NBettas83

flyinGourami said:
Paul cuffaro? I think he is far from scientific and I really do not think he cares for some of his fish properly. This is just opinion but to me(so before anyone attacks me, again, just my opinion from watching his videos) he doesn't have a good grasp on fish keeping such as cycling.
I totally agree.

Fisheye

He's awful. Full stop. Him just getting a fish is an experiment. Uck.

IchthyPen

erinw347 said:
Fish For Thought isn’t so much scientific, but hes more educational than other fishtubers IMO.
I enjoy watching Fish for Thought

Latest threads

Top Bottom