Anyone Experienced With Green Tiger Barb?

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've got a school of 10 green tiger barbs in my 29gal. Does anyone have experience with these? I've got no problems at the moment but haven't talked to anyone who has owned them.

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Have you had any issues with them? This is my first tank other than a betta. I've only got them in the tank right now, as I'm stocked as much as I'd like to be. Anything I should watch out for with them? Behavior, diet, health? Thank you very much for your response!

SixThreeOh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
They're pretty much bulletproof. A normal community flake/pellet works fine for them. Black worms or blood worms as the occasional treat is always fun to watch. They fight pretty often to establish and reestablish their hierarchy. Overall they're a really fun fish.

EDIT: They're color also depends on how dark your substrate is. They'll be light green/blue with lighter substrate and dark green/black with dark substrate.

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes, they are so fun to watch! I've got a rotation of omega color enhancing flakes, tropical flakes, and daphnia, with the occasional bloodworms

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Try some cooked lettuce / spinach.
They probably rip it apart and eat it.
Keeps them busy too

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom