Anyone Ever Use Esha 2000

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Have had a several neon tetras in QT tank for over a month because one has a growth on his lip, one has a cloudy tail, and one has what appears to be necrosis on his body but hasn't gotten any worse. Due to the fear of NTD, I don't want to put them back in the community tank. I was reading on the above med and someone that had similar symptoms used it. I know it has copper in it. Can tetras handle copper? Anyone???

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’d be more afraid of the formaldehyde. You know we want pics right? Give em up girl! I hope it’s not NTD. I’m telling you back in my day these diseases and parasites were an unusual occurrence. Because I was in premed for my dream of being a vet, I got to see things most aquarists didn’t.
But to the point, knowing you know the parameters and stuff, give up the pics so we can try to help these finbabies. Please.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hubby can’t see a thing wrong. Doesn’t mean anything. Hmmmm. @Mary765 @Rtessy everybody, could you look at these babies? Please and thank you!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Gypsy13 said:
Hubby can’t see a thing wrong. Doesn’t mean anything. Hmmmm. @Mary765 @Rtessy everybody, could you look at these babies? Please and thank you!
There's a small bump under their lip, it's a bit noticeable to me

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yeah, I can see the bump on the lip, but I can't really make out the cloudy tail or necrosis. I know someone made a thread on here and they viewed a culture from the bump of a neon tetra with neon tetra disease and I think they said it was similar to a tumor like growth, but contagious. It was interesting to read at least. I'll see if I can find it. And sorry I can't really help.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Rtessy said:
Yeah, I can see the bump on the lip, but I can't really make out the cloudy tail or necrosis. I know someone made a thread on here and they viewed a culture from the bump of a neon tetra with neon tetra disease and I think they said it was similar to a tumor like growth, but contagious. It was interesting to read at least. I'll see if I can find it. And sorry I can't really help.
If you can find the search bar type in neon Tetra disease and all the threads will come up. Good idea. Thanks. I rarely find the search bar.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I've been searching, but I just can't find it. I'm sorry, all I remember is the person with the microscope who examined a sample had a light orange/yellowy avatar, and that Whitewolf commented on it. I've tried using the search bar and going through Whitewolf's content but I'm just not having luck. I'll keep trying, but I don't know if sure I'll be able to find it

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They may be hard to see on the pics but the one tetra has the obvious lump under his lip, one has a cloudy tail, and the other has a faded body with what looks like pieces of very small rotting on it. I have read so much on NTD that I believe I can write a book on it now. lol! I hate to keep another tank up and running for just these 3 tetras but I don't feel comfortable placing them back in the tank due to NTD possibility. I hate for any of them to die and a healthy fish eat on the dead fish and contract anything. I treated for columnaris, fin and tail rot, and even used a med that another member recommended for NTD called Naladin. I've also used Furan-2, Sulfaplex, Kanaflex, Melafix...can't remember anything else. At a total loss. I even bought clove oil to euthanize them but they seem perfectly happy at the moment and still eating. Ugh!

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It was actually Whitewolf that recommended the Naladin to me. Sadly, it didn't work either. Thanks for looking for me though, Rtessy.

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hmmm I don't actually have neons yet but I'll give it my best shot!

They do look sick in my opinion.. both the one with t eh growth on its lip and the ones with white tails. I would monitor them to see if either types of disease get worse, and if they do then I would throw some anti-bacteria medicine at them (the tail disease looks antibacterial or fungal, and the lump on the lip could be anything really (even a birth defect))

I wish you the best of luck nevertheless! Sorry I wasn't much help lol diseases aren't my forte

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom