Anyone ever head of a "spotted puffer"?

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Anyone ever heard of a "spotted puffer"?

Ok, has anyone heard of a spotted puffer fish? They have them at my local Walmart, and they're reeeally pretty. They are like highlighter yellow, with black polka dots. They are about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long. I'd like to get one, cuz they are so pretty, but I'm not sure if I should. It says they require aquarium salt, and sometimes they have some salt in there in the bottom of an empty betta container. However, it doesn't say how much, or what. Could I put one in my 29 gal. w/
1 betta(I know, I know, you're not supposed to have them in community tanks, but he's doing fine, but won't eat when he's by himself, and I don't have room for another tank)
1 platy
1 neon tetra
1 black skirt tetra
1 fiddler crab
1 black mystery snail
I don't know if these fish can handle salt, or if the puffer will be happy in a 29 gallon. Any and all answers are welcome! Thanks guys!!!

Last edited:

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks Meenu and Ken! Guess I won't be getting one Oh well. Well, I was thinking of getting another platy, a few more neons, and maybe a molly or two, or possibly a red-tailed shark. Anyone foresee any problems w/ those? Thanks everyone!

loachaholic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Red-tailed sharks can be pretty agressive, and everything I've read about them says they really need 50g or larger. I personally wouldn't trust them in there with your other fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom