Anyone else's shrimp do this?

OneShot

My amano shrimp have spent all day on the inlet filter mesh. This is the first time they've ever done this.

We've had the shrimp for a couple of months and they spent the first month hiding away. In the past few weeks theyve become more and more adventurous and active. But today up to 5 of them at a time have constantly wedged themselves between the glass and the filter intake. Is this normal? Are they trying to escape anything?

Water test all show ok for nitrites ammonia etc. Only change recently is a few more plants/moss that I cleaned before adding.

YellowGuppy

Filter intakes are full of delicious mulm; shrimp often love to graze there! All is well, though it might also possibly be time to rinse off your intake mesh.

Chris1212

Mine did that when we first got them but then they established permanent residence along 2 tall fake plants that give them plenty of cover and tend to collect plenty of stray flakes or pellets. I've seen them come down sometimes when the lights go out and scavenge for algae wafers.

StarGirl

Amanos hang out all kinds of weird places. I wouldn't worry. Keep a eye out someone may be picking at them maybe.

OneShot

Chris1212 said:
Mine did that when we first got them but then they established permanent residence along 2 tall fake plants that give them plenty of cover and tend to collect plenty of stray flakes or pellets. I've seen them come down sometimes when the lights go out and scavenge for algae wafers.
Yeah that's how mine were for a while but now they are out more often than not. They have a large piece of drift wood which they call home but they love stealing tropical fish crisps from the mollies
YellowGuppy said:
Filter intakes are full of delicious mulm; shrimp often love to graze there! All is well, though it might also possibly be time to rinse off your intake mesh.
Thanks, I normally clear it of baby snails during water changes but I'll scrub it a bit next time

Latest threads

Top Bottom