Anyone else who writes?

DrogJustDrog

Could be journal keeping, recreational writing, or fancy and extensively developed published novels. I write as hobby, personally.

Demonskid

I use to write fanfiction based off of my favorite anime at the time. Now, on occasion I write my own original fantasy stories. My grammar and spelling are terrible so I don't publish them anywhere.

DrogJustDrog

I'm sort of like that as well when it comes to writing, a little mix of fan and original work. I'd post it if I was brave enough to do so!

Demonskid

When I wrote fanfiction I had someone who'd correct my errors before it got posted to the fanfiction websites, except they went beyond that. They would change whole paragraphs and how the characters spoke. I think that's when I stopped writing back then.

When I started writing my own little fantasy story, I shared a few paragraphs with some friends on discord, and the one rewrote the paragraph, changing even how the one character was described. From what it wore down to its actions.

Stuff like that, especially with someone with low self-esteem and low self-confidence, it can kill ones motivation to write. I had originally planned on posting it on WordPress, but after that I have barely touched it or written anything else since.

Then when it does come to posting your work somewhere.. The critics can be down right horrid. People will attack works for small petty reasons. And if it's well liked by people, there are those who will copy & paste it somewhere else and claim credit. So if it's an original work, it's best to get copyright protections on it before posting it.

Oooh the pains of writing.

Dippiedee

I love to write. I've been writing since I was a kid, my laptop is clogged full of short stories and I have a book I've been working one for a couple of years. I used to post some stuff on DeviantART as a teen but for the most part I dont share any of my work. Nobody has read 95% of it.

kanzekatores

Me too, I love to write. I have a lot of trouble with making something that people will actually want to read but it's fun to have all of that power in your hands; to create a world however you want, and what happens to it, in a story.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom