Anyone Else Stress Before Surgery?

1. Littlebudda Well Known Member Member

Really stressing out about my shoulder reconstruction, it's 2:48am been awake since 1:15 and having surgery at 6:30am.

Really nervous not sure why just want to sleep

2. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry to hear this.
    Yes, I get nervous before anything done to my body.

Just relax, everything will be OK.

3. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Dont worry! Everything will be fine :). Its okay to freak out lol...the doctors might actually appreciate you not sleeping because you'll KO a lot faster (for my surgery, I didnt sleep for almost two days...then i finally passed out in the hospital bed/gurney before they got the anesthesia lol)

Make sure you have your favorite foods/desert afterwards :) that makes everything 10x better

(If you feel like geeking out about fish or rambling, that's cool :) )

4. Littlebudda Well Known Member Member

Yeah I pigged out straight after my last surgery and vomited everywhere for about 1/2 hour

5. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Okay maybe not pigging out...lol. But consuming. Yes. Consuming is the proper word :p

6. Littlebudda Well Known Member Member

I feel so tired but as soon as I lay down I get the sweats and feel my stomach doing flips and everything starts going through my head

7. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Maybe try your couch? Something uncomfortable to offset the uncomfortable feeling lol. +10 points if it's a lumpy couch

8. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry to hear this.
    Yes, I get nervous before anything done to my body.

Just relax, everything will be OK.

(ignore this post, somehow i double-posted.

9. RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

Best wishes for a easy surgery and smooth recovery! It is stressful having any type of procedure or surgery done. My mom always fell asleep watching the Weather Channel or golf shows. Said it bored her to tears and that always helps her.

10. KinsKicks Well Known Member Member

Then I suggest keeping up the kardashians? Lolz. And I feel Australian news is more exciting than American news :p

11. toolman Well Known Member Member

Although spread throughout the world, we're all there in spirit for you. Everything will be fine, look forward to hearing from you afterward. My wife had the same thing, got through it like nothing.

We will be here .

12. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Whenever Im in those kind of situations I just say to myself: "Remember this moment because once its over you are gonna be laughing at yourself".
    Im sure everything will turn out well. Dont worry about it!

13. bopsalot Well Known Member Member

:emoji_pray: Peace and health to you, LittleBuddha!

14. Littlebudda Well Known Member Member

Thanks guys and gals I managed to get an hours sleep so just about to head into the hospital so I guess I will chat to you all in 5 or 6 hrs depending on how drugged up I am and how well I can type on my phone left handed

15. RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

Best wishes! :)

16. James17 Well Known Member Member

When you get home, lots of ice will help you recover much faster. Lots and lots of ice on the shoulder.
    Hope you feel well soon.

17. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

Don't worry, and hope it goes great!

18. Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

19. ashenwelt Well Known Member Member

Recover quickly!

20. yukondog Well Known Member Member

I've had two on my right shoulder and one on the left and ice is your best friend, the best advice I could give is keep up with your PT at home it will hurt but you will get over it faster, ice, ice and more ice. Quick recovery.