Anyone else in the Military?

Darlene
I was curious if there are others on fishlore that is either in the military or has been, or married to someone who is. My hubby is a SGT in the Army and has been in for almost 7 years now. He has been to Iraq twice since 2004. Aside from the deployments he actually loves what he does.. he does body work on helicopters.

Any way I just got to thinking this morning that maybe someone else on here was military and was curious.

Martinismommy
My son is an E6 Sgt. in the Air Force....He has been in for 10 years....He has been to Iraq 3 times so far....He is currently stationed at Vandenburg AFB in CA and is in the special forces unit....

Just know we all appreciate the sacrifices they make for our freedom.....

Darlene
My son is an E6 Sgt. in the Air Force....He has been in for 10 years....He has been to Iraq 3 times so far....He is currently stationed at Vandenburg AFB in CA and is in the special forces unit....

Just know we all appreciate the sacrifices they make for our freedom.....

Tell your son thank you sometime for me. My cousin was in the Air Force, he got out a few months ago. My dad was also in the Army, but got out when I was only 6 months old... not sure if that makes me an army brat or not, but my kids are...I know they are sure proud of their Daddy.

Shawnie
I don't have any family in the military...I have many friends which are part of my family in different branches....and I sometimes feel a lot of guilt because I thank god none of my girls chose that profession...I feel selfish and happy at the same time...I support all the families affected good or bad and I appreciate all that they sacrifice for us all..I give back to those families with diffrerent fund raisers as well as sending care packages alot...I appreciate both MM and Burnham for their families sacrifice as well....thank you!!

Darlene
I don't have any family in the military...I have many friends which are part of my family in different branches....and I sometimes feel a lot of guilt because I thank god none of my girls chose that profession...I feel selfish and happy at the same time...I support all the families affected good or bad and I appreciate all that they sacrifice for us all..I give back to those families with diffrerent fund raisers as well as sending care packages alot...I appreciate both MM and Burnham for their families sacrifice as well....thank you!!

I can understand you being happy that your girls didn't go that direction...I worry about my husband like crazy when he is gone, and I don't think you are selfish...I'm not sure I would want any of my sons to join, even though their dad is in the army. I've always told my hubby there is no way I would ever join. I know there are families where both parents are military and I don't know how they do it.

Thank you for supporting the troops, I'm sure everyone in the military thanks people like you that do.

Shawnie
I can understand you being happy that your girls didn't go that direction...I worry about my husband like crazy when he is gone, and I don't think you are selfish...I'm not sure I would want any of my sons to join, even though their dad is in the army. I've always told my hubby there is no way I would ever join. I know there are families where both parents are military and I don't know how they do it.

Thank you for supporting the troops, I'm sure everyone in the military thanks people like you that do.

to you and your family! how old are your boys?

I have all girlies in this fam lol ...five daughters and almost 3 grand daughters ..lots of estrogen around here!

Darlene
to you and your family! how old are your boys?

I have all girlies in this fam lol ...five daughters and almost 3 grand daughters ..lots of estrogen around here!

We have three boys 8, 4 and 2 so it will be quite a while before they decide what they want to do with their lives. Although the oldest says he wants to work at sea world with the whales or join the army...time will tell I guess. I wish we had a girl, but I think the boys are enough for us...I go back and forth on this so much. My husband and I really want a girl and want to try again, but that is how we got three boys.

JoJo
I am in the Air Force E4 stationed at RAF Lakenheath England

Martinismommy
JoJo.....My son was at Lakenheath for a few years....

MagpieTear
PM2 in the U.S. Navy from 1986-1990, stationed at SUBASE Pearl Harbor.

Shawnie
TY jojo !! I appreciate you very much....

TY magpie!! I appreciate you as well!!

Coryd55
My dad was a CSM and retired after 23 years(I think it was 2 years ago).

I want to join the Marines but my mom says no haha.

Darlene
My dad was a CSM and retired after 23 years(I think it was 2 years ago).

I want to join the Marines but my mom says no haha.

Can't say I blame your mom. My hubby's mom said no also when he wanted to join the national guard when he was 18...so he waited until he was 24 and married with our first son to join the army...she supports now him even though it was not her choice for him.

Thanks to all that serve and that have served in the past.

I was curious how many people on here may be in service...it will make it interesting moving tanks, we haven't had to yet. My hubby is going to recruiting school in 2 two weeks and we will be moving in October, but we just couldn't wait to get some fish...at least we are holding of getting the 55 or 75 gal tank...trying to anyway.

JoJo
If I have to move the fish will be givin away to a good owner or back to the pet store

Darlene
I'm hoping where ever we get send for recruiting duty isn't too far and we will be able to take ours.

atmmachine816
I'm planning on joining the Air Force and applying at USAFA. I appreciate everybody who serves for their country and would like to do it also. I also like planes a lot so that's why I'm deciding air force.

Darlene
I'm planning on joining the Air Force and applying at USAFA. I appreciate everybody who serves for their country and would like to do it also. I also like planes a lot so that's why I'm deciding air force.

Best of luck with the Air Force. Thank you

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sina-key
  • Question
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
turkolm1024