Anyone else have this issue?

1. Crissandra331 Member Member

I have 4 Angelfish that I have had for about a year. I've really gotten to know and love each Angels personality. But from the beginning my Angels have always had it out for Veil-tail, Philagree. He's the sweetest most docile fish you would ever meet, he's also my only veil-tail. When I bought him he was accidentally netted instead of his non-veil-tail tank mates. I don't really have anything against them, I just figured they'd be more susceptible to fin nipping, rot, damage etc.

Well my other 3 Angels will absolutely not accept him into the other tank. And I can't help but feel bad for him being all alone in a 30 gallon. Seemed happier with his own kind even when he was getting his butt kicked. So now I guess what I'm wondering is; Has anyone ever had a fish that you were attached to but had to re-home and had like a sick feeling in your stomach about what could happen to them at LFS or if they didn't get a better home. I don't know. I just want to make sure he's taken care of, and most people around here aren't like you folks when it comes to caring for your tanks.

I've only had to do this maybe one or two other times (beginners mistake buying a Sailfin Pleco) I freakin loved that fish 'Grunt' and still really bothers me to this day that I had to take him to a Pet store. And couldn't find him a pond. I even tried calling the zoo they had a Amazonian Setup.

Any one have any encouraging words or advice? Or ever felt the same way? Wish I could ship him to one of you! But don't know how to do any of that or have the supplies.

Thanks for listening :)

[​IMG]
    Philagree

2. claireputput Well Known Member Member

He is gorgeous. I think he will be fine in a 30 by himself-they are really happy just add some small dither fish to keep him interested-or to bother you less! :)

3. Jomolager Well Known Member Member

I hear you. My Golden Gourami had to be returned because of his aggression, but I fell in love with him, and kept him in a plastic tub until we got him 15G of his own. Now he will be moved to a 29G before PETCO a gallon a buck sale is over next Sunday.

Just wondering if at this stage he could tolerate roommates...:)