Anyone else have horses?

GouramiGirl1221

Who else on here keeps horses and fish? I've attached pics of my American Saddlebred, Chuck.

ShaynaB

I had a horse when I was younger... Seems like life got in the way though. My goal is to get through college then to buy a Tennessee Walker.

Chuck is gorgeous! I never had the patience for dressage. I prefer western saddles to english. All that posting was too much for me!

Minnow

I have a chestnut quarter horse mare named Dixie, and my sister has a dark bay thouroughbred gelding named Zephyr. We both ride English, although I would love to try dressage some day! I don't have any pictures of the horses on this computer, but I can post some later. Your horse is beautiful, by the way

GouramiGirl1221

I don't ride dressage, although I'd like to try that. What I do is saddleseat, but it's very hard to explain exactly what my type of riding entails. The easy explanation is that we walk, trot, and canter our horses around the ring, turn around and do that the other way, and the judge decides who is the best, judging on confirmation, manners, motion (how high they lift their legs), and how well the perform the gaits. It sounds kind of silly when it's said like that, but that's the general gist of it, although there's a lot more detail when you start to understand the basics.

Red1313

I've got 3 QH's and 1 QHxShetland at home. I miss my babbies when I'm at school but they were never rode much in the winter anyway lol. They're just for pleasure, I'm trying to teach my shetX mare to drive and once I've got it figured out on her I'll try teaching my QH mare Thorn. My two boys BJ and Phella, are retiree's. I got BJ back in Gr.4 and he was a retiree then. Now they mostly keep the grass down in the pasture and act as babysitters when I've got people who've never rode before over
It's a good life for them.

Fishies-for-me

I used to have ponies when I was a teen....they kept me sane...lol my mare was my best friend and we went a lot of places together her and I .

Jess

Wow GouramiGirl1221! You two look beautiful!
I miss my horse Zack so much. I had him for 19 years. He was my pal. I rode English. We did tons of trail riding, some show and a little endurance. He loved to jump. I'd swim him at the beach. It was a great way to grow up. Any way, he was part Thoroughbred and a small part Percheron. Very steady, never spooked but had to be out front, competitive on the trail. He thought lunging was a waste of his time. He was 16.3 hands. I rode him up till 2 weeks before he past. He was 25 years. Zack was the best.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Fishtail
  • Horse
Replies
Views
Alleycat101
  • Question
  • FishGirl115
  • Horse
Replies
Views
HummingbirdNSabath