Anyone Else Get Excited About Getting New Plants?

SmallFishGuy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
F7727F39-69EA-4C94-A37D-DEDDDBB316BB.jpeg
So my tank was quite boring looking and just not a lot going on so I decided to buy new plants and moss, I ordered it yesterday and instead of waiting until next week I paid for next day delivery at £5.99 and got waaay too excited about being able to plant them! (Middle and right hand side are new)

Attachments

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Me!!! I was so excited... I ordered a bunch of plants from @jmaldo !!! They came the next week!!! Made my tank look new!!! If he ever sells more I highly recommend getting some from him!! They are really nice!! And cheap!!! BTW your tank looks great!!

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When I get plants I’m usually “ugh” now I have to lower the water struggle planting them, making sure I like the location...than I’m usually, whatever, and do what I think looks good.

SmallFishGuy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Smalltownfishfriend said:
Me!!! I was so excited... I ordered a bunch of plants from @jmaldo !!! They came the next week!!! Made my tank look new!!! If he ever sells more I highly recommend getting some from him!! They are really nice!! And cheap!!! BTW your tank looks great!!
Thank you so much! I’m getting some root tabs in a couple of days through the post so I’m hoping for some real nice growth, I don’t have enough money for a good co2 system but I was thinking about maybe one of the disposable ones just to add a bit to the tank

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Heck yes!!
It is also a way to help you have something to get excited about when you can no longer add new fish to your tank(s). You can never really have to many plants. haha

You should have seen me at my last aquarium society auction. There was one giant sword and a giant anubias that I wanted bad. I waited hours for them to come up in the auction. And when they did, I threw my hands up in the air with a ridiculous level of enthusiasm. I think the others were a little weirded out by it. haha

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
All I have in my tank right now is plants and rocks. I think my friends thought I was crazy being so excited about rocks and plants lol

SmallFishGuy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ValerieAdams said:
All I have in my tank right now is plants and rocks. I think my friends thought I was crazy being so excited about rocks and plants lol
Unless you have a love for fish you will never know what plants and rocks can do for your life! Haha

Ohio Mark

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love getting ANY new plants -- either in my tanks or for our yard. My youngest daughter suffers greatly with such a nerdy dad. My enthusiasm for new plant packages usually provokes rolling eyes and long, shuddering sighs.

-Sofia-

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I get excited about setting everything up and making it look GORGEOUS! I even name my plants because I just love plants (In my profile pic I have my marimos Mari and Midori)

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yes! After getting rid of floating plants for an extended period of time - I finally got some dwarf water lettuce, which I have long wanted & now I am thrilled every time I look at the tank.

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
-Sofia- said:
I get excited about setting everything up and making it look GORGEOUS! I even name my plants because I just love plants (In my profile pic I have my marimos Mari and Midori)
I love it! I'm totally naming my plants

Mom2some said:
Yes! After getting rid of floating plants for an extended period of time - I finally got some dwarf water lettuce, which I have long wanted & now I am thrilled every time I look at the tank.
Is that the same kind of stuff they put in ponds?

-Sofia-

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ValerieAdams said:
I love it! I'm totally naming my plants

Is that the same kind of stuff they put in ponds?
I love naming plants and animals because plants are living things just like any animal and they deserve names too!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom