Anyone do any video editing?

ChrissFishes01

I've been trying to get some stuff onto YouTube, and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for good video editors, preferably open source or with a good free license.

I've used Shotcut and Openshot and haven't been impressed by either. I used Shotcut years ago to edit some gaming videos I did (back when I had time to game...) and from what I remember it was a buggy mess at times. I haven't revisited it recently, though. Openshot I actually really liked until I went to render the video. It came out with tons of artifacts and messed up audio/video speed, regardless of what settings or source footage I used. Apparently it's a known bug in the software.

I'm installing Davinci Resolve to try now, so I'll update back on my thoughts with that. I've got a decent PC, so I'm hoping for a smooth experience!
Well, I finished the video out in Davinci Resolve and found it to be better than Openshot or Shotcut.

BigManAquatics

I haven't edited videos for 25 years...and back then we did it with tapes at the cable company...

Upvote 0

fish 321

I tried davinci resolve but I couldn't get it to work I just got adobe premier pro for $250 a year but it is so confusing.

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

I tried davinci resolve but I couldn't get it to work I just got adobe premier pro for $250 a year but it is so confusing.
Premier Pro seems great but $250 a year is kinda insane for my uses. I totally get it if you're spending a ton of time editing, but I'm just gluing together A-roll, B-roll, and a separate audio channel.

I like Resolve, so I think that'll be my weapon of choice for the time being.

Upvote 0

betta06

I know this post is old but if you want a good free editor imovie works good. it is perfect for the majority of things and considering it is free I would definitely try it!

Upvote 0

ChrissFishes01

I know this post is old but if you want a good free editor imovie works good. it is perfect for the majority of things and considering it is free I would definitely try it!
Thanks for the suggestion!

I steer clear of anything made by Apple like the plague, personally. Thanks, though!

I used Davinci Resolve for a long time and liked it really well on Windows. I recently switched to Linux and have been enjoying Kdenlive, although it isn't as intuitive as Resolve. It is truly open-source and free, though!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
Jayce0
  • Question
Replies
Views